Photo Printer

danalec99 said:
I did not quite get it; did you mean to say it i advisable to get two printers, each for its own functions??

It will probably be cheaper in the long run to buy a cheap printer to do your everyday term paper, letters, etc on and save the photo printer for printing photos. Cheaper in terms of ink and in wear and tear on your expensive photo printer.

How much cheaper? For some people, maybe none. For some people quite a bit. You also have to decide if have room for 2 printers, etc.

And, in a short-term sense, it will cost more, buying 2 printers, replacing ink cartridges for 2 printers, etc. It really is an individual decision. If you asked 100 people, you'd probably get 100 different opinions. :wink:

I personally don't have room for the extra, nor do I do enough printing to justify the startup cost for 2 printers.

Hope this helps a bit.

thanks drlynn! :)

I have a Canon S900 which I'm completely happy with and use it 90% to print 4x6's and the occasional 8.5x11.
Don't know how it works on regular paper because I've always used it exclusively for prints.
I do know that it's not the cheapest way to make prints, for that I suggest Walmart or similar but it's certainly convenient.

danalec99 said:
Jeff Canes said:
Costco 1 hour digital mini-lab $0.20of 4x6 and $1.99 for 8x12, can’t beat that

wow....on what paper do they do that??

On traditional style photo paper matte or glossy, IMO if cost is a factor, printing on a home/small offices digital photo printer is going cost more

theres also shitty target one hour photo where i work for .29 cents a 4x6 on kodak edge paper either glossy or matt ur choice however if you dont have a hi res cam forget it they come out like crap looking totally kinda sureal and the tonal contrast is all off

I have a Lexmark printer that I just got...

I was walking through the supermarket and saw it - it was $99AU (which is about $60US)... And the photos on it print really well! I have to say it takes ages to print - but hey - the photos probably cost me $2 for a 8x10... which is about a quarter of what we pay to have it printed at a shop...

It's a Lexmark P707... It came with two of the cartridges - photo & colour - and you can get a black cartridge to print in black rather than use the black in the photo cartridge....

Thats my two cents...

pay the extra 20 cents to get it done at a nice photo lab, they can usually help with color ton and contrast, dont waste your money on a printer, it costs way more than you think, when you have to change ink cartridges at 30 to 60 dollars a pop if you use the machine quite regularly, you will be going through ink prob 2 a month

Jeff Canes said:

Is it safe to give the Costco (or be it any labs) your Memory card? I don't know why, but I have an uneasy feeling with these kind of stuff. Its like taking your car to service at a place where you cannot see whats really going on!
Would they mess up with the Card or is it safe?

danalec99 said:
Jeff Canes said:

Is it safe to give the Costco (or be it any labs) your Memory card? I don't why, but I have an uneasy feeling with these kind of stuff. Its like taking your car to service at a place where you cannot see whats really going on!
Costco along with most mini-labs use self service kiosk, you down load the files you what to have printed

Jeff Canes said:
danalec99 said:
Jeff Canes said:

Is it safe to give the Costco (or be it any labs) your Memory card? I don't know why, but I have an uneasy feeling with these kind of stuff. Its like taking your car to service at a place where you cannot see whats really going on!
Costco along with most mini-labs use self service kiosk, you down load the files you what to have printed

Splendid!

Do we need to have a Costco membership to do the same??

danalec99 said:
Jeff Canes said:
danalec99 said:
Jeff Canes said:

Splendid!

yes

Jeff Canes said:
danalec99 said:
Jeff Canes said:
danalec99 said:
Jeff Canes said:

Splendid!

yes

Thanks!

Most reactions

Back