Photo Printer

I'm using the canon i960 right now with epson 8x10 glossy paper.
good combination but you need to spend a little time calibrating the colors (no biggie).

I personally can't stand sending my shots to the lab because they will usually batch process the shots and possibly compress the image and what you send is never what you receive.

having a printer yourself is more expensive if you're only printing 4x6, but you get to control the variables and have prints EXACTLY the way you like it.

if you print lots of 8x10 ++, then getting your own printer will save you money!

From what I know, epson inks last longer and print better on matte, canon inks fade faster and print better on glossy. you make the call!

urameatball said:
I'm using the canon i960 right now with epson 8x10 glossy paper.
good combination but you need to spend a little time calibrating the colors (no biggie).

I personally can't stand sending my shots to the lab because they will usually batch process the shots and possibly compress the image and what you send is never what you receive.

having a printer yourself is more expensive if you're only printing 4x6, but you get to control the variables and have prints EXACTLY the way you like it.

if you print lots of 8x10 ++, then getting your own printer will save you money!

From what I know, epson inks last longer and print better on matte, canon inks fade faster and print better on glossy. you make the call!

Course we only have to wait anouther 70 years to find out if epson is correct with their advertising.

danalec99 said:
I'll wait for your test review! :)

Well I am really happy with the prints I got back. I printed 2 18x12 and 2 12x8. All done in two hours and just under 10 dollars.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back