Photo shoot of slim girl

Sean, I am astounded by how sexist and moronic your way of thinking is. Your degree of intellectual immaturity is showing. Big time. Now, go take and post some more selfies with all the other 20-year-old boys. Mmkay???

Sean, I am astounded by how sexist and moronic your way of thinking is. Your degree of intellectual immaturity is showing. Big time. Now, go take and post some more selfies with all the other 20-year-old boys. Mmkay???
Immaturity bc I said women are more emotional than men? Wow, how terrible of me.

I thought we were playing cat and mouse and you wanted spanked, sorry mislead me lol

That's the kind of hubris that would and should get you reported for harassment.

Now I understand why you think women only respond emotionally. They're just reacting to you being patronizing and insulting.

Man it was nice while it lasted.

Some acrimony and disagreement leading to an interesting discussion and some good ideas the OP could take away. The system was working.

But now it's just trolling, and trollees.

I think it's time to close this thread maybe. Just one more question for future reference, because the media have totally transmitted a wrong feeling about the word hot, if a friend of mine shows up well dressed and groomed for a party and I say "you're smokin hot today, mary!" Like in the movies, should I except a slapped followed by a "you sexist pig?"

Immaturity bc I said women are more emotional than men? Wow, how terrible of me.

No, immature on multiple other levels. But since we're generalizing, you know, I figured I'd give you a dose of your own medicine to show you what generalized prejudice against an entire gender of people feels like when you happen to be on the receiving end. What do I need to do to get you to SEE what it is that you've been doing in this thread since your VERY FIRST REPLY about "nekkid"? What will it take to make you understand that your way of "thinking" is anything but "thinking"? Make some New Jersey jokes? Again, you're 20-some years old...you obviously have all the answers, and you understand "women". All of them. Every.Single.One.Of.Them. Because, you know...you're so worldly wise and intellectual. [that is sarcasm, BTW!]

You were the first person in this thread to suggest that a slim woman ought to be "nekkid". since then you've gone nowhere but downhill.

A real photography genius and mentor you are!!! I bet your mother is proud of you.

I think it's time to close this thread maybe. Just one more question for future reference, because the media have totally transmitted a wrong feeling about the word hot, if a friend of mine shows up well dressed and groomed for a party and I say "you're smokin hot today, mary!" Like in the movies, should I except a slapped followed by a "you sexist pig?"

It would depend. Do you know that friend well? Do you have the kind of relationship that allows that kind of comment? If yes, then go ahead. If no? I'd think twice.

It's really not the compliment that most men like to think it is. Not saying it's automatically an insult, but that context is very very important.

No, immature on multiple other levels. But since we're generalizing, you know, I figured I'd give you a dose of your own medicine to show you what generalized prejudice against an entire class of people feels like on the receiving end. WHat do I need to make you understand it? Make some New Jersey jokes? Again,m you're 20-some years old...you obviously have all the answers, and you understand "women". All of them. Every.Single.One.Of.Them. Because, you know...you're so worldly wise and intellectual.
I'll continue with your stereotype then.

Are you sure your not a women Derrel? You seem to be getting pretty emotional right now. Maybe a little tranny fetish?

There are many dimensions to attractiveness. "smokin hot" certainly carries connotations (generally sexualized) that apply to one dimension of that attractiveness matrix. But unless someone is actually cultivating that kind of specific look, as Leonore (limr) already noted, it isn't necessarily a compliment. Interestingly (at least to me), I've had a conversation about this with a woman (an extended family member) who WAS cultivating that look, and she told me that she was in effect putting up a curtain with a picture on it, and that is what people reacted to. She would then decide if she would let those "she" was interested in, see behind the curtain, so to speak - ie, get to know her as a person and not just as a symbol. However, she also told me that sometimes she'd play along, playing the part, without necessarily getting to a deeper level. She knew exactly what she was doing, and how it would be perceived.

i have not read all of this but if the girl wants to look hotter, having a few pictures taken that make her look better than she really does does not make her hotter, it just means she has some photos where she looks better than in real life.

i like to look good in photos but if the photo looks nothing like me than thats not good.

i have met a few girls online, they looked one way in their photos and when i met them in person they looked totally different, i mean it did not even look like the same person for the most part, that is quite upsetting, its like being lied to, kind of like the nice pictures you see of sandwich at a restaurant, than when you get the one your order its a smashed down and slapped together with out care. it looks nothing like the picture.

people should want photographs that actually look like them. not photos that make them look like they do not. if your not happy with your self a few photographs are not going to make you happy with you self.

Chiming in because I can..

FWIW, this thread spiraled soooo far in some other direction from where it should be. The OP blatantly has said that it was his soon to be model who wanted to look "hot".. not hey let me help this outrageously thin female actually look appealing on camera. Overly sensitive x9213805493 in here. Goodness.

The poor guy just wants some advice/resources to aid in posing thinner women since 89.3% of the internet's posing resources are either generic or targeted at posing heavier set individuals in a more flattering way.

A few on page 1 offered some insight that was helpful.. the end.

This thread right here is a great example of why the internet can really suck sometimes.

Oh, the girls all get prettier at closing time!!

Yep, I have to bite my lip all of the time. Politics, Religion and Worldview are no-no's online.

Most reactions

Back