photo upressing

emunah

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
due to an unfortunate event a client of mine doent have any wedding picture since his photographer lost it all. the plan is to take snaps from their video and up res it for print. I need recomendations on good softwares that can do this for me. i would appreciate any help

Your not going to get very good prints from video. I'll bet even 4x6 prints will be a bit iffy. I personally wouldn't even try 8x10. I guess if it's all they have, it might be worth a try. Is it analog (8mm, VHS, VHS-C) or DV?

it is DV
I know prints directly from video are very low res however I know for sure there are softwares that will recreate the pixels and upres the image to be able to get largers prints. any idea?>

It's already in digital format, so the hard part is done. For capture, I think you can use just about any video editing suite. All of the ones I've looked at will do a screen cap.

For trying to enlarge the image, the best program I know of is Genuine Fractals, but it isn't cheap. They have a 30-day demo. I don't know if you can print with the demo though.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back