PhotoGal

Hertz van Rental

We're supposed to post photos?
Reaction score
Must be getting near the critical time for Tom - and Carolyn... if he's not there already.
Keep them in your thoughts and let's hope everything goes well.

I'm definitely keeping them in my thoughts, and hope we hear soon that Tom has had the transplant. :lovey:

I have been thinking of them both, I hope all is going well!

Apparently Tom got the call to come in for the transplant...I assume today is the day of the surgery (I'm not quite clear on that) and he hopes to be out of the hospital in a week. So keep those prayers and good vibes coming!!

As a transplant recipient I feel I have missed something. Please fill me in!
My prayers, thought and wishes of success and rapid recovery go to all who go through this ordeal. I wish you the best Tom!

Today Photogal wrote:

Tom's surgery went well and he is doing great! Thank the Lord!!!!! What a miracle!!! Yesterday he was up and walking if you can believe that. He looks good and is in very little pain. His sense of humor is intact.

That is absolutely wonderful news! Please pass along that Aubrey and I are thrilled that Tom is doing so well!!

What a pleasure to log in here and see this! Thanks for the update, Anty - this is the best we could have hoped for. Sounds like Carolyn is back to her sweet bubbly self. Wonderful news. :love:

Wow. Great. Congratulations to all. This is such good news! I am so pleased!

great! but I still keep on thinking about them!

Today's info from Photogal:

While the good news is that Tom's new liver is working perfectly, his heart is now compromised. He was taken to ICU Sunday after both the cardiac team and the ICU team felt he needed extra care, as his heart issue hadn't resolved itself. This happens in 1% of all liver patients. The overall view is that he is improving, although there is still room for improvement. Since being in ICU, he has been able to get some rest and is back to eating a good amount of food.....all this will help in his recovery. His spirits are still good.

Today's info from Photogal:

While the good news is that Tom's new liver is working perfectly, his heart is now compromised. He was taken to ICU Sunday after both the cardiac team and the ICU team felt he needed extra care, as his heart issue hadn't resolved itself. This happens in 1% of all liver patients. The overall view is that he is improving, although there is still room for improvement. Since being in ICU, he has been able to get some rest and is back to eating a good amount of food.....all this will help in his recovery. His spirits are still good.
Thanks for posting the update, Anty. I'm sure he feels so much better overall that he thinks he can run a marathon, so maybe it's best he be forced to take it a day at a time! As long as they say he's improving, it's wonderful news. :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back