Photographer and Photo Picture Framer

fdi

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hi,

My name is Mark Rogers (D60, misc lenses, Epson 2200).. I like to shoot all kinds of subjects and I am trying to go from capturing images to imagining and creating them. This has not been easy. I am a very logical and rational person so the technical aspects of photography greatly appeal to me. More recently I have realized that what will help my photography the most is not a study of photography, but a study of my self in an attempt to get more “soul” into my work.

I tried digital many years ago with the D30. I didnÂ’t really make a decision to go digital, but a year later I decided I was digital since I had $250 worth of untouched film in my freezer. It was just more convenient and I loved being able to see and print my photoÂ’s instantly.

A couple years ago I was starting to do work for hire and bought an Epson 2200 so I could sell my own archival prints. That is when I discovered that lack of frames for paper sizes (8.5x11, 13x19) or un-cropped 3/2 photo sizes (8x12, 10x15, 12x18). I quickly realized I was not the only one with that problem and decided to open up Frame Destination, Inc. so I could help other photographers. Getting the business going has put a dent in my photography but I am still active in the Plano Photo club. Although I am not taking as many pictures as I wish, I am still having a lot of fun meeting and helping incredible photographers with their picture frames all over the country.

Owning a framing company has required that I become very knowledgeable about framing and I am always trying to collect information and share it. I recently completed a lot of work on a webpage about how to mount photographs since I get lots of questions about this from my customers. It is a work in progress but you might find it useful: http://framedestination.com/picture_frame_info.html

Cheers,
Mark

Hi Mark, welcome to TPF.

Welcome to TPF!! Thanks for the link.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back