The_Traveler

Completely Counter-dependent
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.lewlortonphoto.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
For certain kinds of shots, LR is infinitely easier and more effective than PS.

Taken on the South-East coast of Iceland, on the beach near the glacier lagoon.
This photographer stood waiting for a wave for quite a while but it was slack tide and not much was happening and it was fiercely cold so I left before she did.

(As always, anything I post is open for C/C - and happy to get it.)

p1771403861-5.jpg

Last edited:
thanks
it does lose some of the impact because it isn't <40° F with a very strong wind off the ocean.

Last edited:
I like it very much. It makes me think of the serenity I find waiting, hoping for the connection with mother nature. Whether the moment for the photo comes, or not, doesn't matter much. Being there is worth it.

It is very impressive to look out and know that what is in front of you is a 1000 miles or more of conflicting currents and cold water.
The water is very cold, it is sea water mixed with glacial runoff. Water has a higher viscosity close to freezing, thus it looks dense and oily and sort of dangerous.

I love the sky and the photographer silhouette. Can't help but wonder what this would look like cropped in a bit or even as a portrait orientation cutting out the left side altogether.

Very nice. Really well done.....

Sweet shot and I totally agree in regards to LR. Not bad for a file management program eh?

Sweet shot and I totally agree in regards to LR. Not bad for a file management program eh?

I think LR's strength lies in being able to use either a graduated filter or a brush and apply an entire set of changes as a group.
Additionally this kind of thing works very well where the boundaries between areas are rather ambiguous, like in seascape above.

Where LR seems to be weak is in pixel level stuff and more sophisticated sharpening.
I still have a long way to go with getting skilled but so far, so good.

I think LR's strength lies in being able to use either a graduated filter or a brush and apply an entire set of changes as a group.
Additionally this kind of thing works very well where the boundaries between areas are rather ambiguous, like in seascape above.

Where LR seems to be weak is in pixel level stuff and more sophisticated sharpening.
I still have a long way to go with getting skilled but so far, so good.

Towards the end of this (sorry if you know already) there is a little tidbit at about 5:30 on removing wires (your beautiful horse image).

The clouds look like a Tsunami.

beautiful capture. I wouldn't touch the crop. I think the sky is one of the most powerful aspects here.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back