Photographers around us

Ohh well, it's now updated with this new thread. :)

Didn't find it when I first looked since it was pushed to the back a few pages not having been posted to since October of 2010. It's old enough that several of the images no longer show up in it.

We used to have something called the TPF Salute...and it was a required shot for any meet ups.

I don't see these guys around the forum anymore...we had a great meet up in 2007.
IMG_5635-FR-web.jpg

IMG_5500-FR-web.jpg

Ohh well, it's now updated with this new thread. :)

Didn't find it when I first looked since it was pushed to the back a few pages not having been posted to since October of 2010. It's old enough that several of the images no longer show up in it.
Check out the very first, top two threads:

TopTwoThreads.PNG

Here's a clue worth clicking on:

http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/photo-themes/16410-please-read-before-creating-new-thread.html

Inside, a special message:

BEFORE creating a new theme, please use the search option located in the upper right of the page, or read through the THEMES CATEGORIES AND INDEX stickied in this forum to make sure the topic has not already been created. It gets confusing and messy when there are multiple threads of the same theme.

Thank you!

Following that clue and clicking the link provided, which is this:

http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/photo-themes/38617-themes-categories-index.html

We find this:

ThemesScreenShot.PNG

Cool, huh? Not buried at all.

By the way, pages with lots of info can easily be searched for keywords, in case you don't want to read everything, looking for some particular word.

Maybe that can help you in future.

I just took this and really it.
Hollywood34.jpg

I don't know about anyone else but I like this one. It is a contrast old and new and every artist knows that humans love contrast :) But I would have loved to have seen this.

LaFoto,

I think your series is great.

javier,

Love that image.

Well, here come some shots I took when I got bored of taking pictures of horses and Jockeys ;) So this might tell us how we are seen by the people around us. We spend so much attention on the world around us, so I thought it is time to look at ourselves ;)

1: concentration
Link gone :(

2: he is certainly happy he is getting a good shot

3: behind the camera you hardly ever realise how bulky it really is

4: Little girl with big lenses

5: crossing the track

6: Nikon makes you happy ;)

7: Take a break

8: Stressed

... time for reflection, aye? :p

redxspooftd8.gif

Glad to see this thread still alive ;) :)

Looks like my old images are gone though ...

The Traveling Wall came to my town this weekend. I took many photos. I found this one to be interesting because this vet had a harness for what reason I don't know.

photographer by Shefjr, on Flickr

We used to have something called the TPF Salute...and it was a required shot for any meet ups.

I don't see these guys around the forum anymore...we had a great meet up in 2007.
IMG_5635-FR-web.jpg

IMG_5500-FR-web.jpg

ZoomButt.gif

why don't tpfers meet any more? I looked at the forum and the last one was way back in 09'!

IMG_5635-FR-web.jpg

IMG_5500-FR-web.jpg

ZoomButt.gif

why don't tpfers meet any more? I looked at the forum and the last one was way back in 09'!
I think they do, on a small scale anyway.

It has always been an informal thing, put together by members who wanted to. They were never really 'official TPF' meet ups...although, the original owner and several mods (at the time) did have a meet up in SoCal, many years ago.

So if anyone want to organize a meet up, all they have to do is post here and see who wants to join them.

I haven't had time for this sort of thing since having kids, but I'd certainly like to do it again. The week I spent in the Rocky Mountains with fellow TPF members, was one of the best photographic weeks of my life, many of my best shots came from that trip.

Most reactions

Back