What's new

Photographing during an airboat ride through a swamp

leftypony

TPF Noob!
Joined
May 13, 2010
Messages
79
Reaction score
0
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Has anyone tried this? I'm heading down to New Orleans in a few days and I'm dying to take my camera on the airboat ride however the tour people have warned me that my equipment could get wet. Any experiences with this or suggestions?
 
We did the airboats in the FL everglades and I took my camera with no problem...these were the large airboats not the private smaller ones...that might make a difference.
 
Air boats aren't the driest of boats out there lol. They are quick lil suckers and when they start doing donuts and whatnot with them, it gets wild lol.


You won't get drenched though, unless its raining. Welcome to NOLA, you'll have a blast.

EDIT: the post above me has a good point, its a tour boat, so I doubt they'll be too wild with it.
 
Bring a plastic bag large enough for the camera...just in case.;)
 
Depends on the camera/lens that you're using. Higher-priced bodies and lenses are weather-sealed (the XXD and XD series Canon bodies and a lot of L lenses). You could be out in the rain with those things without a problem.

My problem is that my body isn't weather sealed even though my lens is. Really sucks
 
thanks for the insight! I have a canon 50d which apparently has some amount of weather sealing. I'm actually still trying to decide what lens to take on my trip. I have a choice between the 18-135mm IS lens that came with the body or my older 70-200mm sigma. I'm attempting to "pack light" since this is just a fun trip with a couple friends, not a photographic tour of the city (as much as I might prefer that). I think I'll bring the camera and a plastic bag to be safe!
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom