Photographing people with glasses

ajmall

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.photodrew.co.uk
I'd like to know any methods you people use to avoid getting reflections of flashes on people's glasses? I've tried all sorts of ceiling and wall bouncing but I'd always end up with a white light in both lenses of the specs.

If they can't take em off, use a polarizing filter.

Get a precision screw driver and remove the lenses from the frames. It can be time consuming but will solve the problem.

I dont know if this works but I read that if you cant take the glass out of the frames then angle the specs so the glass points slightly down with the frame raising up above the ear, the tilt is supposed to avoid some of the glare!

Have them stand at a 45deg angle to you and light them from their behind (about 45deg to you and 90 to them). That way, the light is cast from the rear of their glasses, removing any shadows on cheeks and preventing the need for a full-facial rabbit headlight shot.

Rob

Rob said:
Have them stand at a 45deg angle to you and light them from their behind (about 45deg to you and 90 to them). That way, the light is cast from the rear of their glasses, removing any shadows on cheeks and preventing the need for a full-facial rabbit headlight shot.

Rob

I take it you mean using studio lights? My original post was for use with an on camera flash though that's good advice. Thank you

Glorsclaws said:
I dont know if this works but I read that if you cant take the glass out of the frames then angle the specs so the glass points slightly down with the frame raising up above the ear, the tilt is supposed to avoid some of the glare!

This is the way the pros have done it for years. And, it does work!

Pete

I took some passport photos awhile ago and if you have them tilt their head up or down a bit.. it should get rid of reflections:thumbup:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back