Photographing photographers is hard!

Right on! And lay off on the Canon comments ;)

I guess it really is like shooting anyone else... everyone is their own worst critic, especially when it comes to how they appear in a photo.

Thanks for making me MORE nervous. I'm shooting a photographer on Monday and she's so good she's done photos for Samsung. :shock: ... but she's also a dancer and dancers are my thing... Gulp!

I like 1 and 3 best but 2 ain't that shabby.... even if she does shoot Canon. ;)

Just shoot the photographer like you'd shoot anyone else. It really shouldn't make a difference.

It's like cooking for a chef. Keep is simple and use fresh and basic ingredients. Don't try to out fancy yourself.

Good advice :D - and I'm doing it for free (for my portfolio) so I shall pump her shamelessly for tips and marketing suggestions. My marketing skills suck!

The first is my favorite, then the third. I think #2 is a weird angle making her seem wider. I love the light and processing! Great job :)

I like the first one. Some photographers are very difficult to shoot, because the would prefer being behind the camera. I have shoot my friend who is an awesome photography...never get great shoots. She is too busy wanting to know the settings I am using.

I really like the first one here, she has a great smile that makes her looks really at ease with the camera. My second choice is also the third. I really like her pose and relaxed state here.

The first is my favorite, then the third. I think #2 is a weird angle making her seem wider. I love the light and processing! Great job
icon_smile.gif

Thanks, Paige. She's a fellow CM'er.

I like the first one. Some photographers are very difficult to shoot, because the would prefer being behind the camera. I have shoot my friend who is an awesome photography...never get great shoots. She is too busy wanting to know the settings I am using.

Exactly! I think a photographer always has the end result in his/her head. In this case, it's two photographers with two different views. So making the "client" happy and keeping true to what you want is a balancing act!

Did your photographer friend shoot any of you? That would be interesting to see, you said she was a pretty good photographer. As a photographer being photographed several things can happen, you both agree on poses that don't work, or you try different poses, and eventually one works really well. In this case none of them worked really well.

I just wish one of you would have suggested pulling away from the wall a little bit. I like the first image out of the three but since you are a female on this site and present yourself in a elegant manner, you won't be bombarded.

I just wish one of you would have suggested pulling away from the wall a little bit. I like the first image out of the three but since you are a female on this site and present yourself in a elegant manner, you won't be bombarded.

I'm not sure what this post means.

Part of the difficulty in photographing photographers is that, judging from the self pictures I've seen and speaking for myself, most of the guys are just so damn homely.

That's why we chose to be behind the camera.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back