Photographing time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Time is SO BROAD, I'm really surprised you can't think of anything...

Take a picture of the sky, and it would represent the endless time that it has been looking over the earth.

Take a picture of something technologically advance, representing time in technology.

Take a picture of a child who still has lots of time.

Interpretation is in the eye of the beholder, but this is YOUR photograph right? Think to impress yourself. You can do it :)

1) A long (2 hour or more) exposure of the sky showing the track of stars.
2) A multiple exposure of the moon (20 or 30 minutes apart). End up with 4
or 5 moons in the shot.
3) Slow exposures on a highway or busy street at night. The blurred car
lights showing motion (time passing).

The possibilities abound!

How about a simple still life of an empty coffee cup and an ashtray with several cigarette butts in a diner?

Best of luck with your assignment!

I was thinking of going to the local animal shelter where they have a big wall of cages filled with cats waiting to be adopted or god forbid euthanized. And taking a photo of all the cages with cats in them and one being empty...

is that a good idea?

does anyone have any others?

sdmelissa3 said:
I was thinking of going to the local animal shelter where they have a big wall of cages filled with cats waiting to be adopted or god forbid euthanized. And taking a photo of all the cages with cats in them and one being empty...

is that a good idea?

does anyone have any others?

Only if the title is "Waiting on Death Row"... otherwise it'll probably be missed!

Rob

See perhaps if you can find something that is old and rusted. Or better yet something really rusted next to something shiny and new.

I was really worried because our instructor just said, "Hey, have fun with it, if your photos suck, then they suck." He said it jokingly, but still. :meh:

I took photos of everything from my nephews to light paintings. I figured, "Well, I can BS anything if he questions me." Finally all of these Art History courses are paying off! Muahahahaha!

why not show images of the four seasons which depict passage of time.

time.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back