photographing watercolor

Hoe stel ik mijn fototoestel het beste in voor het maken van een foto van een aquarel ?

Hoe stel ik mijn fototoestel het beste in voor het maken van een foto van een aquarel
From google translate "How do I best set up my camera for taking a picture of a watercolor?"

Shooting watercolour is pretty much the same as shooting any subject.
Let us know what gear, camera/lighting you have so we can better aid you.

The only real thing with shooting paintings to consider is how to get the brush strokes (if any are visible) without them casting shadows. This may not be an issue with water colour.

I used a basic two strobe set up like below.

lighting-diagram-1653043611.png

To get these results.

Painting 2 by Trevor Baldwin, on Flickr

Painting 6 by Trevor Baldwin, on Flickr

Where this can become difficult is if you are shooting for a client. If the clients lighting isn't daylight balanced you may have to do a little extra colour balancing in post to match the colour they are used to seeing them in.

Let us know if there is anything else you need.

Translating to Dutch for OP:

Vertaling door Google Translate

Het fotograferen van waterverf is vrijwel hetzelfde als het fotograferen van welk onderwerp dan ook.
Laat ons weten welke uitrusting, camera/verlichting je hebt, zodat we je beter kunnen helpen.

Het enige waar u rekening mee moet houden bij het fotograferen van schilderijen, is hoe u de penseelstreken (indien zichtbaar) kunt krijgen zonder dat ze schaduwen werpen. Dit is misschien geen probleem met aquarelverf.

Ik gebruikte een eenvoudige opstelling met twee flitsers zoals hieronder.

1653045151817.png

Om deze resultaten te krijgen.

1653045224089.png

1653045263940.png

Waar dit moeilijk kan worden, is als je voor een klant fotografeert. Als de verlichting van de klant niet daglicht-gebalanceerd is, moet je misschien een beetje extra kleurbalans in de post doen om overeen te komen met de kleur die ze gewend zijn om ze te zien.

Laat het ons weten als u nog iets nodig heeft.

From google translate "How do I best set up my camera for taking a picture of a watercolor?"

Shooting watercolour is pretty much the same as shooting any subject.
Let us know what gear, camera/lighting you have so we can better aid you.

The only real thing with shooting paintings to consider is how to get the brush strokes (if any are visible) without them casting shadows. This may not be an issue with water colour.

I used a basic two strobe set up like below.

View attachment 256308

To get these results.

Where this can become difficult is if you are shooting for a client. If the clients lighting isn't daylight balanced you may have to do a little extra colour balancing in post to match the colour they are used to seeing them in.

Let us know if there is anything else you need.
Zombie you need to share your art in our art thread, these are wonderful!

My camera is a Panasonic DMC TZ100. I only want to know the settings for photograving a watercolor painting

My camera is a Panasonic DMC TZ100. I only want to know the settings for photograving a watercolor painting
No one can answer that specifically for you without knowing the light available. Are you shooting to make prints of the painting? Or to post online for sale?

For me, I get the best results using diffused natural light from a nearby window. I shoot at f8-f11 with the lowest ISO setting I have which is 200. If the shutter speed needs to be longer than 1/60 then use a tripod.

More often than not, when photographing my watercolors and ink drawings for posting here, I just use the phone camera and make adjustments in Lightroom.

Zombie you need to share your art in our art thread, these are wonderful!
These were client paintings I photographed. I have have no talent. lol

If you are using studio lighting my setting can be seen by clicking the title of each image.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back