Runs Good

terri

Administrator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Image transfer with acrylic underpainting, on cold pressed watercolor paper.

Runs good final.jpg

Man, you're writin' the book on this! Probably more feasible than my other gonzo projects--don't ask...

Love the colors and the placement of items. What is cold pressed paper?

Thank you all!

@cgw : I'm not writing the book, but I do look at my many, many old alternative photography books and have fun playing with ideas.

What a lovely artistic mind you have there Terri! 😃
Well there's no greater compliment you can give me. Thank you! :)

@CherylL : Cheryl, when the paper pulp at the manufacturers is combined and ready to go through the giant presses, it can be run through a "cold press" that doesn't flatten the pulp completely, and that's how we get nice textures/bumps in various papers. Most watercolor papers are cold pressed. I'm not a WC artist but having texture in your paper helps control the water media.

Hot press papers are run through heated presses that flattens the pulp to a super smooth plane, leaving little to no texture. HP and CP will be indicated on the label if you buy them by the pad. Lots of artists like to buy them in poster-sized sheets and cut/tear them to the size they want.

Wow....just wow, this is good on so many levels.

I admire the artistic side of people. I don't have even a slither of that inside of me... 😄
With respect, I disagree! If artistry comes from how some people want to share their unique version of how they see the world, then I believe all photographers are artists. :)

First off......fantastic work terri, your creative eye is a wonder to behold.

Second....that is one weird camper as Ford never made one like that, me thinks it is an old camper of unknown manufacture with a 60's Ford van grill/headlights grafted on.......cool.

Cheryl, when the paper pulp at the manufacturers is combined and ready to go through the giant presses, it can be run through a "cold press" that doesn't flatten the pulp completely, and that's how we get nice textures/bumps in various papers. Most watercolor papers are cold pressed. I'm not a WC artist but having texture in your paper helps control the water media.

Hot press papers are run through heated presses that flattens the pulp to a super smooth plane, leaving little to no texture. HP and CP will be indicated on the label if you buy them by the pad. Lots of artists like to buy them in poster-sized sheets and cut/tear them to the size they want.

Also known as "Hot" and "Not." There is also a paper known as "Rough Press" which is supposed to be more textured than Cold Press. I'm not completely convinced it isn't a marketing term. I need to get some and try it, I suppose.

First off......fantastic work terri, your creative eye is a wonder to behold.

Second....that is one weird camper as Ford never made one like that, me thinks it is an old camper of unknown manufacture with a 60's Ford van grill/headlights grafted on.......cool.
Thank you, Scotty! :)

You could be right about the camper. No idea. There she sat, alone in a dirty flea market in North Georgia. But, but - runs good!! :icon_cheers:

Also known as "Hot" and "Not." There is also a paper known as "Rough Press" which is supposed to be more textured than Cold Press. I'm not completely convinced it isn't a marketing term. I need to get some and try it, I suppose.
I did look at some recently. I like textured paper. Could be just the brand that Blick had on hand, I was looking through the drawers in the back. Just looked like cold press to me. But, there could be other brands out there with more texture.

Very impressive, the colours and highlights work really well for the scene and subject.

With respect, I disagree! If artistry comes from how some people want to share their unique version of how they see the world, then I believe all photographers are artists. :)

True. Although I still admire the type of artist who can dream something up then turn it into an outward expression. That artist I am not... 🙂

Most reactions

New Topics

Back