photography blogs?

frommrstomommy

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
anyone have a photography blog where they post their pictures? I'd like to start one and all I know of is blogspot and can't seem to figure out a url that doesn't suck. so anyone have any other blog websites they favor? or anyone have any url ideas? thanks in advance!

oh, and if you have your own please post I'd like to see what others have going :)

I dont have any photography blogs but I have some gaming ones and I use wordpress software and customized a theme but I host it myself and have my own .com domain. If you go to wordpress.com you can get a free one that is hosted by wordpress (you can even buy your own domain if you want)

I use wordpress, I think it works quite well. I'm only keeping a blog to help me keep track of my project.

I use wordpress.com and they host my photos for free. I did buy my own domain.

i use a self hosted wordpress install, and the nextgen gallery plugin to manage and display the images (using the highslide javascript). the link is in my sig.

really not what i want, but i do like how easy it was to setup and consistency of the look between the site and the blog portions of the site.

one day perhaps i'll get off my lazy butt and do something homegrown again. :)

I have been using blogger to do my blog... Try it... its FREE and I have found that it works really well and the interface is nice... Now I did buy my domain name and forward it to my blog, which is www.slr411.com (If you remember, you were the first person who responded to my post awhile back about starting a website with tutorials, well... I started a blog instead :) ) Anyway, blogger is google, so it interfaces with all things google, i.e. Gmail, adsense, and anything else that google runs...

As far as a good domain, that's tough and will require some thought... We know you like photography, try to integrate it with something else you like... I was gearing my blog towards being informative... Hence slr411, so whatever you're gearing it towards, try to come up with a name... Good Luck

I'm not exactly a blogger and I'm no pro. But having a .mac account with apple, I can have my own website so I threw it together. Only thing that sucks is you can only use templates.

http://web.me.com/dtzitko

And I don't feel like paying to have my own URL, so that's the default one.

I have been using blogger to do my blog... Try it... its FREE and I have found that it works really well and the interface is nice... Now I did buy my domain name and forward it to my blog, which is www.slr411.com (If you remember, you were the first person who responded to my post awhile back about starting a website with tutorials, well... I started a blog instead :) ) Anyway, blogger is google, so it interfaces with all things google, i.e. Gmail, adsense, and anything else that google runs...

As far as a good domain, that's tough and will require some thought... We know you like photography, try to integrate it with something else you like... I was gearing my blog towards being informative... Hence slr411, so whatever you're gearing it towards, try to come up with a name... Good Luck

Is that the little Blogger link in Picasa? If so, you might consider that as well.

Is that the little Blogger link in Picasa? If so, you might consider that as well.

Hmmm... I don't know, I don't use Picasa, but Picasa is Google... So chances are that it... :mrgreen:

I have a blog, though it's more for my business and the like. I don't post a lot of personal images there.

Lone Oak Photography Blog

feel free to let me know what you think of the design of it (I have been working on it lately). Anyway, there's not a lot there right now, just moved and haven't transitioned much of my older stuff over.

Like Sirashley I started a blog to share tips, techniques, etc. (Myfotoguy). It's in it's infant stage.

It's blogger, but I used a custom domain name and edited to use a custom template. So far it works fine. I mostly link from my images in my gallery (zenfolio).

As was mentioned, it's free! A good place to start.

I prefer Word-Press installed on hosted space (I used it previously for a different blog). But I decided to go with the free option for now this time and see what I can do.

As for a name: I agree what someone else said about combining photography and something else in your interests. You might also check out some photography blogs and make a list of those names, maybe that will give you some ideas.

My name might be a little corny, but the idea is "I have a photo guy". My friends often come to me and I'm their photo guy when they have questions, so that's kind of where the name came from. I was using before for a photo to video and photo restoration business I had a couple years ago. It seemed to work well.

I just finished customizing a wordpress theme for my own WordPress photoblog - google jinger studios to check it out. I'm sharing my new modified theme with anyone who wants it, so there is a free download link on my blog so you can use this theme as your own....I've posted loads of instructions for customizing this theme on my blog. Like blogger, WordPress is free and is also favored by google for search optimization. A good hosting company is BlueDomain, which is fairly cheap - If you need any help you are welcome to PM me. Good luck

If you have an Adsense account you can use your pubID on www.isphotobomb.com,
Share your best photos and earn a few money. See on the website how it works.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back