Photography Book Authors

creative_one

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi Everyone,
If I started buying a variety of different photography books by different authors I would get very confused ( one says do this & another says the opposite of that one) . So with that been said
what are some excellent authors to follow = ( buying their books). ?
Thanks

I think that getting books from multiple authors is a great idea...exactly because "one says do this & another says the opposite of that one".

You need to remember that photography is both a science and an art form....and when it comes to art, there really are no rights or wrongs....just different ways to do things.

I recently read one of the books by Joe McNally and enjoyed it quite a bit. I also read a couple from Amherst Media, who have many different photography books from various authors. I've also read some books by John Hedgecoe, Bambi Cantrell, Tom Ang etc.

Yes, it can be confusing. Part of it is that each photographer has his likes and dislikes. Another part is that are sometimes different ways to approach a problem.

So, you can stick to one author to make it less confusing but you are also limiting yourself in that you may not pick the author that most fits your personality. Your personality will be a great aspect of how you end up working.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back