Photography Courses

ksnyder

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I was interested in taking some online photography classes but was not sure where to go. Can anyone give me the names of some reputable online photography courses? Thanks!

i know alot of high schools give photography classes in the summer in your local high schools.... i am going to check into it for myself... this way you can get almost a one on one {small classes} for very little money..better then online unless you are homebound ... . Al if you like it you can always go on to the more advanced photography schools or online classes.

That's a great idea! I took all the photo classes that I could when I was in HS and then a couple when I first started college so I think I'm looking for some more advanced classes. Those classes were several years ago though, so who knows, maybe I need to go back to the basics. Thanks for the idea.

Lynda.com have a lot of courses on photography.They have courses that cover exposure and lenses. They also have a courses for photoshop for your post processing.
I have no idea what they cost though ;) But i've heard they are quite good.

I wouldn't do them online, take a community college course or something. Probably cheaper, and you're interacting in person at the same time.

in Tampa thye local university of florida has an "adult learning" night photography program. The courses last right at 2 years and work towards certification. Photography isn't my business, but after I get back from riding a motorcycle all over USA in July I'll be registering for that program.

May be worth looking into such within your community
bigthumb.gif

There are plenty of on-line photography courses...but from what I gather, most people start them and don't finish. I think it takes an extraordinary amount of dedication and self motivation for any type of on-line learning to work.

Hands-on in-person learning is something that seems to work much, much better for most people. So like the others have mentioned, try looking for some local photography classes that you can take. Community colleges are usually a good place to start.

Check with your local camera store for classes.

You can also check out morethanasnapshot.com

I'd be more than glad to help you.

Gary

Smellin' a lot like SPAM here.

What??? For just 200.00 he will guide and mentor his students, be their personal coach. After all he just picked up his first DSLR 6 years ago, and had no idea what the buttons did. You might as well say he has a Doctorate in photography now. (Self given diploma from his school of course) This has to be legit.

You can also check out morethanasnapshot.com

I'd be more than glad to help you.

Gary

What??? For just 200.00 he will guide and mentor his students, be their personal coach. After all he just picked up his first DSLR 6 years ago, and had no idea what the buttons did. You might as well say he has a Doctorate in photography now. (Self given diploma from his school of course) This has to be legit.

OK -- so I went and took a look. This one's easy. Nice thing about photography is we create a product that can be evaluated. The proof is in the pudding and all that's necessary is to taste the pudding. Gary recently posted this photo on his blog: kassia nricc-8603.jpg | Flickr - Photo Sharing! -- as an example of his pudding. If you like the pudding then you should be happy to pay for. The work speaks for itself.

Joe

I've enrolled in the New York Institute of Photography. Three of my friends are half way through the course and love it!

OK -- so I went and took a look. This one's easy. Nice thing about photography is we create a product that can be evaluated. The proof is in the pudding and all that's necessary is to taste the pudding. Gary recently posted this photo on his blog: kassia nricc-8603.jpg | Flickr - Photo Sharing! -- as an example of his pudding. If you like the pudding then you should be happy to pay for. The work speaks for itself.

Joe

Or this one on his blog where he shows how the "high key" effect gets rid of distacting backgrounds.
IMG_8501 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Or this one where he shows the proper use of vignette to really showcase the subject.
IMG_8457 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Or this one where he shows how the out of focus subject really shows your skills with a Doctorate in Photography.
IMG_8529 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back