What would you do to these photos?

FotoRap

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi, I was hoping to get some advice on post processing using some photos I took as examples. Here are two that I took and what I ended up with after Photoshop. Would you have done the same or something very different?

1A
IMG_5546.jpg

1B
WaterDrop.jpg

2A
IMG_5539.jpg

2B
WaterDrop2.jpg

Thanks a lot

Are these already edited? Or un-edited? If they are edited already, it'd be nice to see what the un-edited files look like to get a better idea of what should be done to them.

The "A" picture in each set is the unedited one, then "B" is my first attempt at editing.

Why did you alter the color balance? Are the processed shots closer to what you actually saw? If so, what was the white balance setting in camera and what was the lighting on the plants?

The cropping is good (although it's always better to do this by moving the camera closer) so you have a reasonable eye for composition. However, the images look a little soft - were these taken with a tripod?

No tripod. I changed up the colors because I thought that the background color was too close to that of the leaf, so that there wasn't much contrast. White balance was set to cloudy on the Rebel XS, the plants were in moderate sunlight on an overcast day.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back