What's new

Photography exercise

I love the chair
 
I love the chair

Yeah, if it were printed really big and matted and said Edward Weston on it, it'd sell for thousands of dollars.
 
I love the chair

Yeah, if it were printed really big and matted and said Edward Weston on it, it'd sell for thousands of dollars.

Weston didn't occur to me, but it does have that feel.

I looked at the original sized 9.9 megabyte file on Flickr. The image is delicious. It's a lot about light, and texture, and shape, and the interplay of all those things. It reminds me very much of Weston's work in terms of the way the pedestrian is elevated by careful attention to exposure, composition, balance, and the deliberate, willful limiting of the frame's overall contents to a fairly small set of subject matter. It's an elevation of the mundane through the application of good,solid, basic photographic technique and vision.
 
I love the chair

Yeah, if it were printed really big and matted and said Edward Weston on it, it'd sell for thousands of dollars.

Weston didn't occur to me, but it does have that feel.

I looked at the original sized 9.9 megabyte file on Flickr. The image is delicious. It's a lot about light, and texture, and shape, and the interplay of all those things. It reminds me very much of Weston's work in terms of the way the pedestrian is elevated by careful attention to exposure, composition, balance, and the deliberate, willful limiting of the frame's overall contents to a fairly small set of subject matter. It's an elevation of the mundane through the application of good,solid, basic photographic technique and vision.

Wow, really Nice comment!

Thanks all for the great feedback.. I can recommend the exercise to everyone!
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom