Photography location ?

stang96mj

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Is there such a thing as having someone at a particular location where you will be shooting often sign something that says noone else is allowed to shoot at this spot or they can get in trouble????If this makes sence...lol Thanks for you help!!

Your question is very poorly written, but I'll take my best guess at what you're trying to ask.

A private venue (location) can decide who can, or who cannot, shoot there. More and more private venues require a photographer provide a COI (Certificate Of Insurance) before they will give permission.

If you go out in the countryside and do a shoot on public land, you cannot prohibit anyone else from shooting there even though the background scene is part of your copyrighted photos.

Property owned by a city/county/state or the Federal governments also usually require a COI and/or a permit for any photographer that is charging a client to take photos.

Last edited:
Your post is not so clear.So can you please explain me clearly...

When I do photography for an event (wedding, reception, corporate,...) I typically include a clause that states that no other photographers (pro or amature) is allowed to photograph near me while I am working as this may interfere with me giving in the quality images as expected.

While I'm not anal about this, its always good in case Aunt Jane at a wedding is constantly stepping in front of me while I'm trying to do formals or what not.

That works for private stuff you are hired to do and you 100% need this document to be approved by whomever is the main organizer.

Can you just show up at a public location and request people to leave because your mom wrote you a note? No, that won't work. Unless you want your lunch money stolen

Most reactions

New Topics

Back