Photography movies

What about movies where photography or a photographer is part of the story?

When I sold cameras I'd get women coming into the store wanting "the camera Julia Roberts used in Stepmother". I'd never seen the movie, so I was clueless. I finally figured out that they were talking about a Nikon F5! Most of them ended up buying Nikon N-60s of course. ;) Turned out the feature they were really interested in anyway was the auto film advance.

In "One Hour Photo" with Robin Williams...they have a Leica minilux or something like that.

The movie "City of God" was about a photographer. Very good movie by the way.

Closer
Eurotrip

core_17 said:
Haha...Spiderman is a photographer! :spiderma: :camera: :biglaugh:

Sorry...had to say it. I'm lame.

No, that's a good one. I love movies that involve photography, and they do impossible things. I mean, come on, how does Peter Parker get those great shots of Spidey with the camera all webbed to a building, it's dark out, there's no flash, and never mind that he's busy beating up on the baddies. ;)

My other favorite Hollywood camera trick is the unlimited resolution they get out of their photos. You know, where they take a snapshot and zoom in super close, and can read tiny print, get detail out of underexposed shadows, etc...

ksmattfish said:
My other favorite Hollywood camera trick is the unlimited resolution they get out of their photos. You know, where they take a snapshot and zoom in super close, and can read tiny print, get detail out of underexposed shadows, etc...

"Enhance 50%. Zoom in upper left corner and enhance another 30%..."

They zoom in to like x1000, and they get perfect clarity. Pfft! I don't care how advanced your equipment is, if you're zooming in on a shot from say, a gas station security camera, there is no way in Hell you are going to get grainless zooms!

(the first thing that came to mind when I read that, kmattsfish, was The X-Files! Haha)

The best/worst examples I have seen come from the TV show CSI. In one episode they had a Polaroid shot of a messy room. They zoom in on a prescription bottle (much less than 1% of photo) and then read the name on the prescription.

Another one...they are looking at a photo on their computer and the guy says "that's a close as I can go with analogue" the boss says "how about if you go digital"....click, click, one second later...they zoom right it.

Blow Up
Although it doesn't have a very difinitive ending, I liked it. Bought a guy who accidentaly gets a shot of an impending crime and how he handles it... and some mimes playing tennis.

Edited to leave some of the mystery. :)

War Stories - Jeff Goldblum is a journalist.
Bridges of madison - Clint Eastwood uses his magnum... err camera to shoot things.
Rear window

Lol, I liked that ppl would want to buy an F5 just because Julia Roberts used one in a movie.I remember when ppl wanted to buy Indiana Jones' hat.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back