Photography + T-shirts

geemeccio

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hi everybody!

I have an idea I've been working on for a while now and would love to know your opinion about it.

I love Photography and t-shirts, so I thought, why don't mix them to make wonderful t-shirts for people who love photography?

Any comment will be highly appreciated!
Thanks guys..

Good luck with it... there are lot of people over here doing it! I guess it isn't that big in the UK?

1. not everybody wears tee shirts (me, for instance)
2. I have seen a number of tee shirts that I almost want to buy, but the design is wrong (wrong grammar, spelling, wrong idea, wrong graphic, etc.)
3. Are you thinking of making the shirts yourself? One-off, or mass produced? Choice of colors?
4. Even if you think your idea is great, will enough other people also think it is great?
5. do you have a plan for marketing them?

6. don't pay any attention to the remarks of Designer, who is a professional buzz-killer.

T-shirts for people that love Photography?

Things like copyright law and trademark law vary somewhat from country to country, but there are some notable international agreements like the Berne Convention for the Protection of Literary and Artistic Work that has been signed by 160+ countries world wide..

Consequently using camera maker logos or trademarks could be costly, either by licensing their usage or by financial penalties from loosing infringement actions in court.

So, what would you put on the t-shirts that relates to photography?

I'm partial to Fro Knows Photos aka Jared Polin: "I Shoot Raw"

EVERYONE buys me photographer T-shirts. I have probably a dozen or so in my closet.
They sell. Just like any other T!

You're a day late and a dollar short:

ShootShirt3Post.jpg

PICT7770.jpg

D7K_8695.jpg

I know I have I shoot people, can I shoot you with my Canon? Don't make me shoot you, something about an f/ stop and a dying person, size matters with the 70-200 on a camera body, Mom's gonna snap... Some of them are REALLY cheesy!

well, sorry guys I didn't make myself clear..

I would put PHOTOS on them..
Like original, artistic maybe even funny photos..

And I do know I'm not going to be the first! But so far..I haven't seen any good photos on a tee..

That's what I thought, which is why I mentioned the things I did in post #4.

Good luck, and hopefully you'll be able to find a good intellectual rights/publication law attorney to guide you.

well, sorry guys I didn't make myself clear..

I would put PHOTOS on them..
Like original, artistic maybe even funny photos..

And I do know I'm not going to be the first! But so far..I haven't seen any good photos on a tee..

As KMH mentioned... you would have to own or hold copyright to the images. Be careful... it can bite you!

Some of them are REALLY cheesy!

The biggest reason Designer won't wear them.
Yeah, not going to catch me in most of the ones with sayings on them outside my house. Not going to catch the ones with photographs on them in my rag bag. That is TACK in the worst way. And I have seen some really beautiful images totally ruined by being put on a T.

But on the flip side of that... There could be a dollar store market for that!

Some of them are REALLY cheesy!

The biggest reason Designer won't wear them.
Yeah, not going to catch me in most of the ones with sayings on them outside my house. Not going to catch the ones with photographs on them in my rag bag. That is TACK in the worst way. And I have seen some really beautiful images totally ruined by being put on a T.

But on the flip side of that... There could be a dollar store market for that!

What would you put on them then? What kind of photographs?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back