mdith4him
TPF Noob!
- Joined
- Jan 31, 2010
- Messages
- 37
- Reaction score
- 0
- Location
- Northern Virginia
- Can others edit my Photos
- Photos OK to edit
Hi everyone,
Just looking for some opinions on this...I'm not sure exactly what I think about it, so I'm interested in your thoughts.
It seems like almost everyone on here has some type of photo editing software (Photoshop, etc.) and relies on it to make their images "pop" or fix problems. Those editing programs can also do some fun stuff that a camera simply cannot (effects like making the photo look like an oil painting, pencil sketch, etc.). I like seeing the fun effects and I think that kind of takes photography into another art form. I love seeing how dull photos can be made bright and exciting, too.
My question is, as a photographer, do you think it is necessary to use these programs to get a great looking photograph or are you wanting to improve your skills enough to not need to use it anymore? I'm not talking about all the crazy effects you can do; I just mean things like fixing the sharpness, making an underexposed photo look brighter, or editing out distracting elements.
I don't have any of the fancy editing software myself and I'm wondering if it's something I should be saving up for if I really intend to churn out great looking pictures. I look at photographs from famous phtographers before computers got involved and they look pretty good to me!
Curious as to your thoughts on this
~Meredith
Just looking for some opinions on this...I'm not sure exactly what I think about it, so I'm interested in your thoughts.
It seems like almost everyone on here has some type of photo editing software (Photoshop, etc.) and relies on it to make their images "pop" or fix problems. Those editing programs can also do some fun stuff that a camera simply cannot (effects like making the photo look like an oil painting, pencil sketch, etc.). I like seeing the fun effects and I think that kind of takes photography into another art form. I love seeing how dull photos can be made bright and exciting, too.
My question is, as a photographer, do you think it is necessary to use these programs to get a great looking photograph or are you wanting to improve your skills enough to not need to use it anymore? I'm not talking about all the crazy effects you can do; I just mean things like fixing the sharpness, making an underexposed photo look brighter, or editing out distracting elements.
I don't have any of the fancy editing software myself and I'm wondering if it's something I should be saving up for if I really intend to churn out great looking pictures. I look at photographs from famous phtographers before computers got involved and they look pretty good to me!
Curious as to your thoughts on this
~Meredith
