Photoproject: your unsealed eyes

Naleth

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
first off hi to everyone, i just registered :)

last week i started a project, in which i'm trying to photograph as many different kinds of people in the street as possible. I take two pictures of each: first one with closed eyes and the second immediately after with their eyes open.
The idea was that in the first photo they're in the world of their thoughts and in the second in the world of our surroundings and i thought that i could get more "natural" pictures if i photograph them just right after they open their eyes.

Yesterday i uploaded the photos i got so far on a blog, which i'll update whenever i got enough new photos :)

i'd be glad for any kind of feedback/tips be it about the photos or the design of the blog

the blogaddress is: your unsealed eyes

so long

The only thing there thinking with their eyes closed is "why is this person taking my photo" or "am i going to get mugged?"....its a neat concept, don't think it actually plays out though....and please post photos, not links.

The only thing there thinking with their eyes closed is "why is this person taking my photo" or "am i going to get mugged?"....its a neat concept, don't think it actually plays out though....and please post photos, not links.

actually so far every person (really every single one) that let me take a photograph was quite enthusiastic about it and i dont think i look like a dangerous/dubious person (at least i hope so :mrgreen:)

today i've taken some new pictures and one of them also has some other persons in the background so its something i didnt have so far.

feedback is always welcome ;)

P1000247.jpg
P1000248.jpg

on monday i bought myself a EOS 400D and today i inaugurated the cam :)

IMO these two were the best pictures (concerning depth of field and colors), would be glad if someone could give me some feedback or general tips for using a SLR (i know the basics of course).

IMG_0484.jpg

IMG_0485.jpg

Reading your post I was thinking: OMG another weirdo idea, but I like the results you posted. Interesting. I will go look at your blog later.

Are you in Vienna, Austria?

I looked at your blog. Personally, the 'eyes closed' pictures don't do anything for me. They just look like 'ok I'll close my eyes and THEN will you please get out of my way?'

However, I sincerely enjoyed all the pictures with the eyes open. They are just simple head shots, but because they are consistent in crop, DOF, color, and subject matter, it gives me a "this is humanity" kind of feeling. As if you are trying to depict how different we all are, but how much the same we all are. I hope that makes sense.

Good work though.

Reading your post I was thinking: OMG another weirdo idea, but I like the results you posted. Interesting. I will go look at your blog later.

Are you in Vienna, Austria?

haha, yeah maybe my description sounded a bit weird, but didnt find better words to describe it. reading ChristopherCoy comment maybe it would have been better to say that i just want to show how similar we all are (even when we close our eyes).

and yes i'm located in vienna/Austria, have you been to vienna?

I looked at your blog. Personally, the 'eyes closed' pictures don't do anything for me. They just look like 'ok I'll close my eyes and THEN will you please get out of my way?'

However, I sincerely enjoyed all the pictures with the eyes open. They are just simple head shots, but because they are consistent in crop, DOF, color, and subject matter, it gives me a "this is humanity" kind of feeling. As if you are trying to depict how different we all are, but how much the same we all are. I hope that makes sense.

Good work though.

thanks for the feedback and yes i'm trying to photograph as many different people as possible, personally i like the closed eyes shots too (obviously) as you said they (hopefully) show how similar we are to each other in a certain aspect and i think the closed eyes add something to that perspective.

i admit its not completely consistent with my project but i think those pictures are quite fun :D

IMG_0504.jpg

IMG_0505.jpg

interesting shot...

i dont want to create another thread for myself so i'm posting some streetshots i took last sunday in this one
critique is welcome and requested ;)

Photography
IMG_0588.jpg

In the streets

IMG_0563.jpg

Decay

IMG_0596.jpg

Hey there!

IMG_0599_1.jpg

Isolation

IMG_0564.jpg

Full House