2755412661_ca0b6ba666_o.jpg

burnaby lake
2758467929_74132c897f_o.jpg

buntzen lake
2750831848_5e95cf4b9c_o.jpg

maligne lake
2749996393_c45ccf49a2_o.jpg

C&C per req:

1. Very nice, love the light on the peaks. I wonder if it might not improve the image to crop a little of the foreground, esp. the rock lower left?

2. Very nice, great reflections, but the large dark area image left is a little strong; perhaps try and lighten that up or crop? Seems like a lot of noise, esp. in the sky; over-processing?

3. Excellent! Ideal composition, wonderful reflections, nice exposure. The only weak point is the sky, which would have greatly benefited from either further post (HDR?) or possibly the use of a graduated ND filter.

4. Nice, but not quite in the same category as the other three. Again a Grad ND filter could have increased the 'oomph' in the sky.

Just my $00.02 worth - your milage may vary.

~John

3 and 4 are my faves. # has such a beautiful sky, reflected in the water, and my eye is drawn right into the shot. And the boathouse/canoes add a nice additional element to the pretty scenery in the last one

Very good compositions. A little over-processed or off-colour in parts. The second shot is my favourite for its soft colour and light.

Regards, Tony

Really appreciate all of the good advice.

C&C per req:

I wonder if it might not improve the image to crop a little of the foreground, esp. the rock lower left?

exactly what i was thinking, try cropping some of the foreground out just to see how it looks. i tried it on my computer and i think it looks alot better. it seems like in the first your subject was the mountains? thats what im guessing. anyway, cropping some of that foreground out would help direct your eye toward the mountains

Most reactions

Back