Photos on LCD

plastii

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi.

I'm not sure how to ask this but I'll try. While shooting in studio what is needed to see all your taken shoots on computer LCD. Any special software? How about connection between camera and the PC?

Nikon D300.

Thanks
Marek.

This is called 'shooting while tethered' to the computer. You could do with with the USB cord and I believe there are even wireless options.

I believe the software you are looking for, is called Nikon Capture.

The D300 also has HDMI output which IIRC can be used for this purpose in some way. I don't recall the specifics because I don't have anything that will work with HDMI, so I never bothered to try it.

Have they came out with a wireless CF card? They have the SD but it's freakin slow as Christmas. Wouldn't it suck to be sending a 12MP file to the computer? :)

~Michael~

It sucks to send a 12mp RAW file to the computer by USB. I guess it would be downright painful to do it wirelessly. :D But if it's doing it in the BG like sports and location service photographers do then who cares about speed? It's having the shot in a location other than the one with the potential of being confiscated or getting it into the processing bay without having to have a runner bring in the CF cards every 10 min.

Good tethered setups use firewire. USB even USB 2.0, is pretty much a joke if you're really going to use it.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back