Photos taken with a phone

The camera in my phone is terrible, slight noise!!

1. View from a hill near where I used to live, looking across at the low lying mist
Link gone :(

2. View from ski slope

3. View from another ski slope

Last edited by a moderator:
while many people say that the iPhone camera sucks, there have been many iPhone apps released to make it better (camerabag, tilt-shift just to name a couple) also, even the stock camera app can produce some decent photos, in the right lighting conditions...

I know there are some people out there who love to take photos with their iPhones... i know I do.. in fact just today i've started to do a "iPhone photo a day" which I post to twitter (Twitter / chriswtburke)

So lets see your favorite iPhone photos, and please, post the app you used, as well as if you did any post processing on it...

I'll start:
This photo was taken using the iPhone Camera Bag app (from the iTunes store) no post processing:

Last edited by a moderator:
This one was taken over lunch at my favorite Indian food joint in Chicago. I was sitting at the bar and decided to shoot this pic last week with my iPhone 3G.

470720041_h2YQL-L.jpg

I use the SmugMug app which Geotags my pics and uploads them to my iPhone folder on my website: http://www.intempusphotography.com

On the main page you'll see a Google map that has markers where all of my pics are taken.

I'll have to try out that CameraBag application. I've not tried any of the photo enhancement apps in the store yet.

I'll have to try out that CameraBag application. I've not tried any of the photo enhancement apps in the store yet.

its awesome... its got some great options for enhancement.... Tilt Shift is cool to, though i havent used it, I've only seen it used... I cant seem to find an ipa online for it, so I cant jack it, and i'm to cheap to pay for it

i guess that answers my question from your vday dinner thread lol.
are you jailbroken?

i might have to pick up that camera bag app...that vignette is so cool.

here's my newest favorite taken lastnight at my buddys 31st bday party. hes on the left...me on the right. we thought the motion blur looked kinda cool and the single focal point.

n629530709_5905872_634.jpg

My two Basset Hounds - Watson (the tri-color) and MJ (the lemon and white).

I don't think the camera is all that bad actually - I think it's better than the phone itself..lol.

IMG_0011-1.jpg

IMG_0069.jpg

wow you guys must be the 3g version....did they upgrade the camera?...mine looks like garbage compared to yours

I bought mine when they had the first price drop - so it wasn't the first 'batch' but the second. I should have waited because evidently when they changed the back of the phone to a plastic composite of some sort - the reception is much better! My biggest complaint with that phone is really more about
AT & T rather than the phone.

No iPhone, and no plans on getting one... I have been seriously considering the Sony Ericsson K850i though. Kinda looks like a camera that you can call people with. More like a phone-camera than a camera-phone.

Only bad thing is that it's Sony (which usually I like, but not for cameras) - I'll have to buy new memory cards.

I am a little surprised how good the pics from my current phone (Samsung A707) look though.

I posted this elsewhere, but I guess I'll post it again. This was taken in Bay St. Louis, MS at a "camp" I was wiring. I really like it. I think it's one of the best photos I've ever taken period (mainly because the subject matter is my dog). I just like the way it all came together.
pegdh6.jpg

some great shots coming through.. yes my iPhone is jailbroken, but camerabag is an iTunes Store app.. mine just happens to have been free (hacked)..

i do have the 3g version.. stood in line for 15 hours the day it was released (because when 3g was released, it was also the first time the iPhone came to canada... i had been waiting for it since the first iPhone was released, and not brought to canada... i use it on rogers (even though you can unlock them now) but i love rogers.. they have the best reception in my area, and i've used mine all across the country (from BC to Newfoundland) and it seems to always work

camerabag has some great effects.. i do like the vingetting the most though

my understanding from the original keynote is that the camera in the 3g is better than the first one...

I was surprised how good this shot turned out.

474368424_gBgFX-L.jpg

Who needs a DSLR when you have an iPhone?

Most reactions

Back