What's new

Photoshoot of friend...C&C extremely welcomed

Thought I'd give a shot at seeing what I could do with #7.

You're completely right about the hands. THe other thing, if you're going to center a portrait, it should probably be dead center. To me at least, very very slightly off center is kind of disorienting. It's not off center enough to where your brain accepts it being off center, so your brain kind of tries to make it centered, leaving a very mild uncomfortable feeling.

So here's my take on #7:


modelhelp2 by franklinrabon, on Flickr

cropped out the hands and centered her more. You naturally framed this shot perfectly with the branches overhead. I don't know if it was purposeful, or serendipitous, but either way, bravo.

I then added some contrast. I like my B&Ws pretty stark, I think the contrast helped with that. Then I reduced the highlights a bit to bring back some detail in the brighter portions of the shot.
 
BRAVO! I love it!

I made sure that trees weren't growing out of her head, but I wasn't really paying attention to the symmetry of it at the time. I don't think I noticed that it was slightly off center so thank you for noticing that and fixing it.

I really appreciate the C&C and it's only going to help me get better!
 
BRAVO! I love it!

I made sure that trees weren't growing out of her head, but I wasn't really paying attention to the symmetry of it at the time. I don't think I noticed that it was slightly off center so thank you for noticing that and fixing it.

I really appreciate the C&C and it's only going to help me get better!

Glad to be of help, as I know I need fresh eyes on my photos as well. Also, in the interest of full disclosure, I slightly burnt the, ahem, cleavage area, to very subtly 'enhance' that. Kind of giving the suggestion without being vulgar about it. I also brushed out the crease under her neck.
 
Lol it would take a lot for me to think anyone was vulgar. I totally love the edit. :D
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom