Photoshop Cs2 and RAW

Peanuts

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.brittanyesther.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I just took sunset photos in RAW,a dn am now opening them in Photoshop CS2, but my problem is, it is automatically changing it around, and I am unalbe to get it back to it's original state (which I want). I can't seem to open it anywhere else. Does anyone know how to convert the RAW directly to Tiff/Jpeg without going through the editing process?

Edit: I can right click and go to "Camera RAW defaults", but it shows it (the way I want it) for 1 second and then goes back.. ahh

hmm not sure. that sort of problem sounds like 2 things - either you have a setting associated with RAW files that you need changing or it might and error and you may need to reinstall.

have you downloaded the latest plug-in for adobe's site for using RAW?

If the latest one is 3.1 then yes I have. Would anyone know if the Rebel XTs software (whoop.s haven't uploaded that one!) open the RAW files 'normally". thanks

Yes, the camera comes with RAW editing software, do you have the CD that came with the camera, it is on one of two[font=&quot]
[/font]

This happens with mines as well, I am not sure exactly how to rectify it. If you unlcik all the auto boxes it goes near or all the way back to what it wasw in camera although sometimes for me colour values are changed but I'm not sure if that those are the real ones and the xcamera screen misrepresented them(certainly true with the contrast and brightness).

RAW is pretty robust anyway so wityh tweaking you should be able to get it to however you want.

Okay, I'm on a Mac, but this should be the same...

After opening a RAW file in ACR you set the sliders where you want them and click the little right arrow next to the Image Settings box and click "Save New Camera RAW Defaults" which should set things the way you want them.

Forgive the silly question- if you want to convert straight from RAW to jpeg without processing, wouldn't it be easier to just shoot jpegs in the first place?

I will try the suggestions in a little bit.

Well.. I would have shot in Jpeg ri, if I hadn't jumped out of the car when it was still rolling after shooting in all RAWS right before that. Unfortunately, I didn't think to change it to JPEG.

Thanks everyone

Ah, well, I can relate to that. My main trick is leaving the iso at 1600 or something doofy like that.

photobug said:
Ah, well, I can relate to that. My main trick is leaving the iso at 1600 or something doofy like that.

There's an ISO other than 1600!? :x I leave it on that alot and then wonder why I'm using 1/2000 shutter speeds with f/8 :lmao:

I have tried to 'un-check' everything. but it still looks entirely different. I guess I am goign to have to dig out the Rebel XT box now!

If you want the same picture as the camera produces, use the Canon software and batch convert to tiff/jpeg.

I find the CS sliders annoying, cause I have to un-click everything with every time.

Looks different than the lcd on the camera? It always will. The lcd displays the camera settings for saturation, contrast, etc. and the RAW file is unaffected by those settings.

ACR default settings attempt to produce a neutral pic. If you change the settings and save them as outlined above you can come closer to what you see on the camera lcd without adjustments in ACR.

Just a quick update. I have loaded the software of the camera on, and converted them to Tiff :thumbup: On to making the panorama now :D. Thanks everyone

I should have stated myself better. It was not entirely the fact that it looked different on the LCD, but real life in general. The whole photo had a yellow overcast/hue to it when I opened it in Photoshop CS2. But now all is fixed. Thanks

Most reactions

Back