Photoshop Elements 6 Saving RAW

Schubs

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
So I have Photoshop Elements 6.0 installed on my computer. I can open RAW images easily, but when I try to save the Raw file, it saves a photo thats all messed up. I can't find any where on google on how to fix this. I have Photoshop camera RAW 5.4 plug in installed. Does anyone know how to fix this?

When you edit a RAW the actual RAW file is not changed in any way - instead the editor makes a second file (stored in the same place as the RAW) which details all the settings you set to edit that shot and which are read each and ever time you then open that RAW (provided that the other file is still in the right place - if it is moved or lost the RAW will open with default out of camera settings).

To save the RAW you need to give it a format - like JPEG, TIFF etc.. Generally speaking I tend to edit the RAW in elements and then open it directly into elements (use open instead of save in the RAW editing window) to then do fine adjustments. I then save in elements as a PSD for fullsize (so I can keep layer details) and then resize a smaller version to be saved as a JPEG for the web.

Most reactions

Back