Photoshop Guides to Consider?

j.weegee

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hello,

I am getting into photo manipulation and I am wondering if there is any recommendations for some reading material to help gain some understanding of the Photoshop program. Should I just go with CS5 For Dummies or is there something more helpful out there? I am interested in learning about color correction first and foremost so it would help if the suggested reading material covers that. Thanks in advance.

-J. Weegee

The best reference I have found are - Adobe Photoshop CS5 for Photographers: A professional image editor's guide to the creative use of Photoshop for the Macintosh and PC
Real World Camera Raw with Adobe Photoshop CS5
Real World Image Sharpening with Adobe Photoshop, Camera Raw, and Lightroom (2nd Edition)

You can open CS 5, then press the keyboard F1 key to access Adobe Community Help.

Add http://tv.adobe.com/ to your favorites list.

Become a NAPP member - National Association of Photoshop Professionals - so you get Photoshop User magazine regularly, losts of hardware and software discounts, and access to the NAPP members only web site, forum, tutorials, help desk, and experts. This is my NAPP referrral link - Learn Adobe Photoshop, Lightroom and Digital Photography | NAPP

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
If it´s just "good at Photoshop" you´re out looking for then reading the manual is probably the best answer. But if you want to become "GOOD AT PHOTOSHOP" you better just forget about that one for now and jump directly to "how to achieve this or that by using Photoshop". The best way of doing that is to visit some of the portals offering free tuts and tips. One good that have tons of really nice tutorials and freebies to offer is this one: Photoshop tutorials, plugins and downloads : The Photoshop Roadmap

Most reactions

New Topics

Back