photoshop help!!!

maverickphoto

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Ok I have a really cool pic of a old barn. I uploaded it into CS3 and turned it from color to B&W. Now im trying to change the color of like the door back to red and still have the B&W pic but with a red door. I have a book called Photoshop CS3 for Dummies but i must really be dumb. I can find the file called history but cant find something called history brush. Can someone help me?

tiy bneed to work in layers, have the bottom layer colour and the second colour black and white then use the lasso tool to cut out the barn door to display the door on the bottom layer i think

Your best bet would be layers as has been mentioned by Rachel.

The history brush can be 'pulled up' by pressing 'Y' on your keyboard (I think it is below the clone stamp tool). Before it works you should double check that what it is taking from to go back in history is the correct version. Go through your history table and you will see empty 'squares' on the left hand side, whatever one of those 'spaces in time' that are 'frozen' you want to get the red door just click the empty box beside it and a tool that looks like the history brush should pop up and you are good to go

I've heard about the history tool method to selectively color an image that has been desaturated, but I've not yet had experience with it.

The method I've used thus far is to create the b+w version on a separate layer, create a layer mask for that layer. Paint on the layer mask to hide the portion of the b+w layer and let the colour beneath show through. Solid black on the layer mask hides the b+w completely, and the full color below comes through. Shades of gray hide percents of the b+w... you get the idea.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back