What's new

Photoshop is messing up. Help please

eric-holmes

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Joined
Aug 8, 2009
Messages
1,859
Reaction score
49
Location
Arkansas
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
For some reason, no matter what tool I click, only the hand appears. I can't do anything because all it will let me use is the pan tool. I shut the computer down and restarted it and it went back to normal for a short bit and then it locked to the pan tool again. Any ideas? It's like it's on the fritz. Now it is back to working normal. But once I get into editing it will "lock" to the pan tool.
 
This happens to me every once in a while. It is not a permanent problem. I heard it has to do with memory issues. I usually clean my comp up a bit and restart to fix this problem.
 
CS4 has a glitch that occasionally surfaces for me. Sometimes I will not be able to change any colors other than like gray and white. Usually if you get a glitch you can reset all the defaults by pressing CTRL-ALT-SHIFT when opening photoshop. It will ask you if you want to delete the settings ( or something like that ) Click yes. All of your preferences will need to be reset because they will all revert to the default, but this usually fixes and glitches for me.
 
Check your caps lock too.

Close Photoshop.

Edit: Like burstintoflame81 said......:lol:

Double-click the Photoshop icon to start it again after it has had time to close.

Immediate hold down the Ctrl+Alt+Shift keys to reset it to all the default parameters.

You should be good to go.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom