photoshop noob. C&C welcome

y0aimee

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Here are a few pics I've edited with photoshop. I have no idea how to mask & layer and all that yet, so I've been adjusting the curve, de/saturation, levels, vignetting, cloning, and eye-balling the color balance.

Feel free to provide any C&C, suggestions, or tips. I want to learn. Thanks in advance!

4431761094_da7ec1c799.jpg

2 i wanted to give it a vintage look.
4458077779_53d3576320.jpg

4463552109_1c29026993.jpg

4464397718_46eb432c35.jpg

5 vintage look
4463634757_d0a3cba391.jpg

If you want critique on your Photoshop technique, post the originals as well, it would be most helpful. Learning masks and layers is the two most useful things in photoshop so you should definately learn that stuff soon if you plan on using photoshop a lot. I like 4 the best.

The best part about photoshop is the layers. That's what I'd play with, that and the clone stamp. You'll be able to remove little imperfections from all your pictures if you choose to do so.

Most of the stuff you're doing (vintage, vignettes, etc..) appeals to half the people and the other half doesn't like it. I tend to go back and forth depending on what's in the picture. Either way, it looks like you didn't overdo the effect or anything.

If you want critique on your Photoshop technique, post the originals as well, it would be most helpful. Learning masks and layers is the two most useful things in photoshop so you should definately learn that stuff soon if you plan on using photoshop a lot. I like 4 the best.

I'll post the originals soon.

The best part about photoshop is the layers. That's what I'd play with, that and the clone stamp. You'll be able to remove little imperfections from all your pictures if you choose to do so.

Most of the stuff you're doing (vintage, vignettes, etc..) appeals to half the people and the other half doesn't like it. I tend to go back and forth depending on what's in the picture. Either way, it looks like you didn't overdo the effect or anything.

Yea, I'm still trying to learn. Honestly, I disliked how some people would use ps to edit their pics because I felt it took away from the "real" photo. I felt that it counteracted the efforts in choosing the right settings to take the pic. But that's an entirely different discussion and I wont go any further.

But now that I started using it, I can see why people enjoy using ps. I've come to realize that it's another aspect of photography that artistically enhances the photo. I think I'm addicted to it now. haha

Id like to see originals of the cars.
I really like #4.
I think #2 should be redone, maybe with borders. Also It seems a tad too green to me. (btw, Im veiwing this on a laptop.)
Im not sure about the background in #3. Not really liking it. Not sure why though. lol.
(btw: im not a PS expert, but I have seen a lot of really good PS pictures.)

I agree with a lot of people. #2 is ok but not great (frankly i don't feel that car is an interesting enough subject) and #4 is pretty cool.

#1 is fine, it's just a bit odd having a slightly vintage look for a very modern looking cake. the colors on the flowers that likely really pop in the original now are made to look like dying/wilting flowers. but hey, we're talking about photoshop aren't we.

I think vignetting is cool in some images, but it can easily be overdone. The first one doesn't benefit from the vignette, but the others look pretty good with it. I think the first one would look better with less processing. The others are pretty good.

And just a nitpick, I might heal out the bird in 4, but that's a quick think to do.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back