Photoshop or Lightroom?

Lerato Nketsi

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey guys, which one is best to edit digital images between Photoshop and Lightroom or both?

I have been using Adobe Photoshop Elements for many years.

It's not a choice of either/or, with the Adobe subscription plan you get Bridge, Lightroom, and Photoshop. They can each be used independently, but when combined in your workflow, complement each other providing a poweful package for editing and database management.

It depends if you are ok with a subscription model -- if not look into other options. Capture One may be a good mid-ground non-subscription option.

It depends if you are ok with a subscription model -- if not look into other options. Capture One may be a good mid-ground non-subscription option.

Hmmm, Capture One is $300 to buy for the one that works with all cameras, doesn't have the file management capabilities of the Creative Cloud, updates are extra, and doesn't include cloud storage. Their subscription plan is almost twice Adobe at $19/mo.

Hmmm, Capture One is $300 to buy for the one that works with all cameras, doesn't have the file management capabilities of the Creative Cloud, updates are extra, and doesn't include cloud storage. Their subscription plan is almost twice Adobe at $19/mo.
Choices, choices

I keep the LightRoom catalog local on a Windows Surface tablet, and the main raw image files are on OneDrive. Not using the Adobe Cloud storage since it is limited to 20GB on their $9.99/month Photography Plan (Photoshop and LightRoom Classic) - a 1TB option brings the cost to $19.99 (last time I checked)

Yes, Capture One does not have the function to work on apps (Android/IOS) -- and I have used that feature with LR to edit existing images from an Android tablet.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Back