Photoshop question

JDBB

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I am looking to change my signature to one that looks more professional. How can I do that transparent glossy nice font with photoshop? Something like the user "Peanuts" has on this forum. . By signature I mean signing my name onto the photos that I take. What font should I use, that is, which font looks more proffesional?

Any help would surely be appreciated
Jacques

Here is an example of my current work
See the "Jacques Balayla" on the bottom right. That's what I am talking about.
2693606623_efffd336c7_b.jpg

On your text layer just play with the blending options. Here is an edit I did, after entering the text I used bevel and emboss and then adjusted the opacity. You do not want your signature to be so blatant that it takes away from the photo. I am not sure what font you used so this is slightly different.

2693.jpg

What font should I use, that is, which font looks more proffesional?

When dealing with fonts, there is no particular font that is 'more professional', you should match the font to the style of branding for your business.

If you want truley professional results you should contact a professional designer for your business and work at creating a brand for your business identity. If however you are not that serious about starting a business, then look at what style other photographers use and try to emulate it.

Sometimes however when you try to create an image for yourself it can look nothing but amature, but thats the risk you have to take if you want an image for free.

.... and yes, you just reduce the opacity of the text layer in PS on your layers pallet to get the 'see through' look.

Photoshop doesnt really come with such an exciting set of fonts, and to me digitally signing your work is very important.

I have bought a couple of fonts HERE and it has an amazing variety at decent prices.

The next thing you need to do, which is a pretty cool trick.

Open a blank document on photoshop. Create your signature exactly how you want it to come out on your images. Then go to Edit>Define Brush Preset

Then type in the name of the brush, and you're done.

All you have to do next time to "sign" your work, is go to the brush panel, and your signature will be a preset already. Choose it, and sign.

I've actually learned a lot from you Crimson! Together we're deadly :lol:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back