Photoshop Question

rub

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I am a photoshop novice. I am attempting to use the quick mask tool, which I have done many many times before, but it is not working. I have my layer selected, brush tool, regular 100 px brush at 100% hardness, opacity and fill at 100, mode is normal, quick mask selected (and saying so at the top of the screen) but I still cannot make a selection.

I must have changed a setting, but I have no idea what or how. I closed photoshop and opened it again, no luck. I am running CS3.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Kristal

Bump, anyone? Im realy in a pickle here and any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks

How is it not letting you make a selection? Is it just not allowing you to use the brush? Or is the mask just not showing up after you paint it and close the quick mask it doesn't show your selection?

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
The brush doesn't show up at all, and there is no selection made. Thanks for the link on the book, I will check that out in the future, but right now, I need a solution!

Thanks,
K

First off, I will try the obvious. If the brush doesn't show up when you click the brush, try enlarging it ( use the bracket keys "[" "]" ) Sometimes you zoom in and make a tiny brush and then when you zoom out you never get the circle until you enlarge your brush a lot. ( just starting basic ) If you are getting a circle with a cross like it won't let you paint, then maybe its something with the layer that you are on.

Are you painting correctly and then nothing is happening? Are you painting in the wrong color? ( black instead of white ? )

If you can't get the red mask to show up, you can try double clicking the quickmask button and trying to adjust the transparency and color of the mask. Also, there is a glitch with CS4, that sometimes the quickmask just stops working. Mine did that and no matter what I did the red mask would not turn on. Turns out this happens a lot when you change settings in the preferences. I had to restore all of the settings to default and then re-set the ones I wanted ( this immediately fixed the problem ). I forget how you do it, but you can look it up. You hold like "ctrl, alt, tab or something when starting photoshop, but I forget exactly )

Thanks burstintoflames. I will try the reset. I have done all of the obvious things, so I hope this will help.

maybe check the image mode? I am a complete novice too but I know some things don't work if say you are in INDEX mode (ex. if you opened a .gif file) instead of RGB mode...

I'm sure someone will get a good laugh at my comment but I figure I think like a noob so maybe I can think of something they wouldn't .

Most reactions

New Topics

Back