PHOTOSHOP question

tissa

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello dear members!
I am just now using photoshop for editing some photos. I never usually use it.
My question is: i have a model and her hands are dipped in ketchup. What I want to do is to make that ketchup look like its her skin all melting and drizzling (i.e. make it a color and a texture of a melting skin).

HOW??? I tried to look up different tutorials, but so far couldn't figure it out.
Thank you!

The basics:

1. Sample skin color with eyedropper tool.
2. Use that color with color replacement brush on ketchup areas.

I really want to see this when your done...:)

The basics:

1. Sample skin color with eyedropper tool.
2. Use that color with color replacement brush on ketchup areas.

THANK YOU! I hope it works...***I am a newbie to photoshop***

I tried to use the eyedropper tool in the same way it's being used in the video below, but when I tried to color over my image with the selected color (light blue), all I got was white instead of blue. Any idea why that happened?

Last edited by a moderator:
$soul-1-4.jpgok this is how it looks. I must admit it looks better than i expected, but it still doesn't look like her own skin. The color also keeps switching to green a lot.

try it again, but let the gunk ooze over the top of the finger, and maybe bend some fingers back, so then you can use the smudge tool to start blending the skin into the goop and it'll really look like the skin is melting (once color corrected) instead of just flowing through the cracks.

You've managed to change the color of the ketchup but it doesn't really match her skin...because her skin is very yellow, likely due to the other processing you've done. It may just be that you have your photoshop layers out of order (maybe the color of the ketchup is above the yellow color layer)...but whatever the problem is, I think it would be better if fixed.

Besides just the color, you may want to actually show some skin texture as well. You could do this by cloning some areas of her actual skin, over the ketchup. Although, I don't really know what the texture of melting skin would look like...so that's a toss up.

$soul-1-4 2.jpgok this is the best i could do so far

That looks better. The skin and goop colors match up well. I'm not sure it looks like her skin is melting just yet, but it's getting closer.

Big Mike, you are right. I did try to edit the original first and it made it look better (not ideal, but better). Thanks!

Her right hand looks 'better'...and by better, it looks more like it's melting. Her left hand, still looks like it has goop dripping though it. I've got an idea, I'll see if I can do it.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back