Photoshop. Will this money saving plan work?

RumDaddy

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
If I buy a older version of Adobe PS. Lets CS2 or 3 for real cheap and then pay for the upgrade to CS4 or 5. Will that work? Will that save me money from buying CS4 or 5 brand new. Has anyone thought this or tried it? Or did adobe already think of this and find ways to combat this?

The above is the main reason for this thread. The below is just small talk.

Ive recently made up my mind to purchase PS. Im starting to get paying customers. Small stress free jobs that arnt that demanding. Baby portraits and Seniors. Even a few low budget weddings. But all of my customers know and understand the extent of my talents and my knowledge of photography. Meaning I am a responsible business man and wont try to get $3500 for a 350 person elaborate wedding. LOL! Id refer them to someone more likely to satisfy their needs and Im still sticking to smaller low budget weddings and stress free photoshoots. So save me the lecture... :grumpy:

Ive witnessed a pro using PS to edit wedding photos. Ive seen him batch edit all of the alter images in less then a few minutes, Ive witness some of the other mind blowing enhancement options PS offers as well as its ability to repair images. So allow me to be frank and say.

MAN... THAT S$%T!!! IS THE BOMB!!!

I got to have it, :thumbup: but cant afford it. :thumbdown:

I have several purchases to make to keep my already existing business a float. But now feel the need to start building my photography business as well. I now need to purchase a better back up body or new body in general, a back up flash, a fisheye and some faster glass. Plus my ballcock broke. :er:

Someone here in this forum did that in the past and it worked.

Yea, best not mention torrents here.

You can upgrade tho no problem at all.

deleted. Unfortunately, Photoshop CS is too expensive for many budgets. Good luck with your purchase!

deleted. Unfortunately, Photoshop CS is too expensive for many budgets. Good luck with your purchase!

That's why they make Elements.

If The OP is selling his photos, he should be able to buy it, and write it off.

probably the stupid question of the day: can you upgrade to CS from PE7?

probably the stupid question of the day: can you upgrade to CS from PE7?
Yes, you can. The cost to upgragde from PSE7 to CS5 is $599 (CS5 full cost is $699), so Adobe is giving a $100 credit to PSE 6,7,8 buyers.

They are only accepting pre-orders at the current time and are estimating end of April shipping for boxed orders.

The cost to upgrade from CS4 to CS5 is $199.

NAPP members get 15% off from Adobe:

$104.85 off the full price of $699
$89.85 off the Elements 6/7/8 upgrade price of $599
$29.85 off the CS2/3/4 upgrade price of $199.00

A 1 year NAPP membeship costs $99 in the US and includes many other discounts (like free UPS Ground shipping from B&H Photo Video and Adorama/other NAPP member perks/a 1 yr subscription to Photpshop User magazine and access to the entire Photoshop User web site.

There is a NAPP referrral link in my siggy below if you'd like to join NAPP, save a bunch of money over the next year, and have a direct in with some of the best Photoshop experts on the planet.

Most reactions

Back