photoshop

what does this mean? most often trial software is good for a set time period after which in becomes locked until a license is purchased... generally you do not get another trial on the same computer....
okay but let's say it didn't do that.

okay but let's say it didn't do that.

:confused: oh boy....

I do enjoy the semantics that various individuals derive in order to maintain a clear conscience regarding their thievery...

No software vendor that I know of would alow a trial to be installed more than once. Some will allow you to call in and extend the trial, but usually for only another 30 days.

No software vendor that I know of would alow a trial to be installed more than once.

Your probably right, but couldn't somebody just uninstall the trial from their computer before reinstalling a new trial? Or do they read your IP address to prevent more trials? Even that way you can probably use a proxy to get around this.

I haven't read the entire thread, but NO WAY is pirating photoshop off the internet worse than stealing a material possession somebody owns. Downloading photoshop doesn't take a copy from any body else, it just doesn't support Adobe because they wouldn't be getting your money.

I'm not pro-pirating, although I'm defending it a tiny bit. (if that makes sense..)

how would this affect me being "truthful" or "reliable" ? i'm not lying or giving out false information to anyone here.

and i don't pirate programs, all's i have is the trial of cs3. i use capture nx since it came with my camera. i do know people though who have pirated photoshop, and i know it is an easy thing to do if you really want to that bad
This is what I find interesting. The OP is not lying or giving out false information. He only asked about piracy and didn't state he was pirating. In fact, he states right there that all he has is the trial version.......

http://www.flickr.com/photos/goodoneian/2394728881/
Date/Time: November 23, 2007 from Flickr
Date/Time: April 7, 2008 from Opanda Exif viewer (guessing this is saved from the editing)
Camera: Nikon D40x
Software: Adobe Photoshop CS3 Windows

http://www.flickr.com/photos/goodoneian/2948312287/
Date: October 8, 2008 from Flickr
Date: October 17, 2008 from Opanda Exif viewer (guessing this is saved from the editing)
Camera: Nikon D300
Software: Adobe Photoshop CS3 Windows

How long is that trial again?

I don't care if people download stuff or not, it's not up to me or anyone else around here. But don't be stupid and ask about it on a forum. And when you ask and get flamed to **** and back, don't come back with some lies about how you were "just trying to have a discussion" blah blah and claim to have only the trial version when it's clear that you don't.

Be smart and shut the hole. After the first response, a smart person would have thought, "oops..." and never opened the topic again.

:confused: oh boy....

I do enjoy the semantics that various individuals derive in order to maintain a clear conscience regarding their thievery...

Most people who pirate software dont even need to do anything to maintain a clear conscience.. i was speaking hypothetically anyways

No software vendor that I know of would alow a trial to be installed more than once. Some will allow you to call in and extend the trial, but usually for only another 30 days.
hypothetically.

purchase or pirate?

If you were really posting only for sincere and mature discussion, do you think that you maybe should have put a bit more detail in your original post?

Perhaps even stated "Hey guys, I'm just posting this for a general discussion to see what people think", but no.

Although, now, it seems it has been substantiated that you did pirate photoshop, and have been using a pirated copy for sometime.

How does it feel every time you edit one of your photographs, when you use a piece of software for free that many businesses and even amateurs pay their hard earned dollars to use?

I paid for my version of photoshop, and it really sh*ts me, that after stealing software that I paid $450 for, you have the audacity to start a "discussion" about the moral implications of stealing it.

With everyone being online these days, it should just routinely scan your licence key to see if it is applicable across the entire database, and if it's got a double entry, or if it's fraudulent, just lock the whole program.

Or get photoshop to use a dongle (USB key). That would set a lot of people straight.

This has to be the first online forum I have ever seen where every person has boughten photoshop.

Hey wait i've got a good question, purchase or re-use the "free trial" of cs3 over and over? :D, now you can compare this to going to a store and allways getting "free samples" of the food that the people are handing out but never buying the product yourself. Once your out of food, or once the 30 days are up, you get another sample/trial.

Generally the people who've pirated photoshop, wouldn't buy photoshop if it was unpirate-able, they'd just dowlnoad GIMP

boughten? ROFLMAO (oh boy...this one is too easy, I'll just leave it alone)

Anyone read the user reviews for the video game Spore, that just came out.

The game looks boring to me, but it was supposed to be super popular, but ti has the worst user review I have seen on Amazon due to its built in anti pirating DRM software..

See what pirating make software companies do? I remember when windows XP came out, everyone got thier pants in a bunch over the activation.

oh.... i see.... so ... you want to blame other people for "making you steal"...

do you also blame mcdonalds for making you fat? and blame credit card companies for your debt?

puuulease....

I can't believe you made this horrible argument especially after all that has happened with foreclosures and the economy. Yes people make these claims AND they are winning in court. No one here can preach what is the law. What is legal depends on how good your lawyer or lobbyist is. People fell for the ARM loans to buy homes way beyond their means. When they fell into foreclosure they blamed the banks, government regulation or Bush but never themselves for being stupid. So apparently it's acceptable to blame others for making you steal, McDonalds for making you fat and credit cards for getting you in debt.

BTW, do you have to use Linux to use GIMP or do they have it for Windows as well?

Ah cool, already giving it a whirl. I feel too rusty.

Most reactions

Back