Physical Perspective

Alexandra

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
*sigh*... needed a break from the physics homework.

(oh, and if anyone knows how these split into ions, all ideas welcome)

K3BO3.jpg

Wow, what an awesome shot Alexandra! I really dig this, the symmetry, perspective, and DOF are all dead on.

I need to hone my thread stalking skills here.
Regarding the picture, I really like the perspective... makes it look like there would be hours of homework to do. Just out of curiousity, have you tried it horizontally, my head keeps wanting to fall to the left, but maybe that is just because I have had too much chemistry today :lol:
Very creative shot.

And if you actually want these three done. I can do it. lol

Rob, Brit, Jon, thanks a whole lot for putting some fun into my evening :D

Brit, I tried it horizontal, but honnestly, i don't really like it. It looks like the sheet is standing in front of me like some kinda wall or something... and it looks intimidating (or maybe i'm really too concerned about cause i don't get it, lol). Though, I have a version of it which is absolutely out of focus... really reflects the way i feel about it :lol:.
...oh, and slightly going off topic: for k3bo3: i suppose the 3k+ will split out from 3bo- which will become a radical. am i right? :confused:

Heh. Now that I am thinking about this. what exactly are you trying to do?
K3BO3 à 3K1+ + BO33-
?
Ahh.. the number went all wonky

K(little 3)BO(little 3) à (big 3)K(upper1+) + BO(little 3)(upper3-)

ah, well yeah, that's what i was thinking :thumbup:... just forgot they have multiple charges...
thanks, you're awesome! :hug::

Alexandra said:
Rob, Brit, Jon, thanks a whole lot for putting some fun into my evening :D

Brit, I tried it horizontal, but honnestly, i don't really like it. It looks like the sheet is standing in front of me like some kinda wall or something... and it looks intimidating (or maybe i'm really too concerned about cause i don't get it, lol). Though, I have a version of it which is absolutely out of focus... really reflects the way i feel about it :lol:.
...oh, and slightly going off topic: for k3bo3: i suppose the 3k+ will split out from 3bo- which will become a radical. am i right? :confused:

Yep, that's right... when an atom becomes an ion by losing an electron, the remaining electron in that orbit is unpaired, making it a radical.

I could do that stuff little over 2 years ago. It's amazing how clueless you can become! :stun: Nice pic though. I'll probably end up trying something similar tomorrow myself since I've got an exam the following day I should be studying for.

sweet pic, i dont think i covered that in my physics class, looked more like chem to me. either way i dont know.

haha i'm taking physics as well! it's got my mind scrambled like an egg in an omelet! the rest of my class seems to get it perfectly....i feel so dumb :meh:

nice shot by the way! perfectly executed DOF. love it :thumbup:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back