Picked up a Sirui K20X ball head, My Review

dannylightning

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I have used this ball head enough now to go ahead and say what I think about it.

This head is a really nice head and very high quality IMO. Everything moves extremely smooth. its lightweight for its size, has a 38mm ball. You cant move the ball even before its locked all the way down so when it is completely locked down I do not think you are going to get any creep going on unless you have something really heavy on it but I will probably never have anything that heavy on it so I will never know how it holds up with say 50 lbs of equipment on this head.

The small built in tension control knob for the ball that is built into the main knob is really nice to have, you can tighten the main knob to the loosest tension you want for the weight of the equipment that you have on it and than you can lock in that tension by turning the smaller knob, than you lock the head down all the way and when you go to loosen the ball head it will only get as loose as you set it to, that way when you loosen the head again to position the camera the ball does not go to floppy loose and it will still support the weight of your equipment when you loosen it but you can still re position the camera

As for the the overall control and feel of the ball head, when tightening the main knob, you can really adjust the tension from super floppy to completely locked down and everything in between. I really like how this ball head works and how smooth it moves.

The quick release is very nice. it has a button that you have to press to slide the quick release plate out, this is nice because if you forget to tighten the plate down all the way and you tilt the ball head forwards or backwards and the plate goes to slide out that pin will stop the plate from coming out and you camera will not fall to the ground.

There is one thing that I think could be better, the knob that locks it for panning, there is not tension control there, it is either locked down or its not. when its not locked down there is still a little tension so its not just flopping around when you got to pan it but it does not take much force at all to pan the camera, I do wish there was just a little more tension for panning, now you can lock that knob down almost all the way and that will add a bit more tension when you are panning but I can hear a scraping sound when I pan the camera with it like that, so I figure its probably best to just have it locked down completely or not at all.

Over all this thing seems like a great bang for your buck when you look at other heads in the same general price range.

DSC_4278.jpg
DSC_4275.jpg
DSC_4277.jpg
DSC_4276.jpg

Thanks, I picked this one up on amazon. I generally try to buy things from amazon that are sold by amazon due to their great return policy. I am not sure how good camera stores are when you need to return or get a replacement item if you have problems but I have been stuck with defective items a few times in my life do to some online retailers not wanting to do anything for you if you have some sort of issue.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back