Picture of my Lady

barsfordays

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
C+C
4430541327_e8e67259ab_b.jpg

Very lucky man, unfortunately the pose is kind of emotionless and the light gets a little harsh on her forehead, what kind of set up were you using for this shot?

We were going for a bit of a robotic thing, just for a shot in the dark. (heh, heh, heh). Anyway, i was using, for this particular shot, i think one soft box to the right of the camera, and another light behind her pointed upwards at the back of her head. Maybe something a little different, but i think thats right.

I think that this photo could probably be spiffed up a bit in PP. I was bored and hope you don't mind, but here is a quick edit. I just underexposed the background, cloned out a few of the blemishes, reduced clarity of face, and increased contrast on the eyes. Let me know if you want me to delete this.

4430541327_e8e67259ab_b-2.jpg

Not saying this is better, just different.

I dont mind at all! I just wanna know how you did it!

I have photoshop and lightroom so...

What I do in lightroom is I select the brush icon on the right and "brush in" the changes in values. So, for instance, I brushed in -4.00 exposure around the subject, brushed in +100 contrast on the eyes, and brushed in -100 clarity on her skin. To clone out the blemishes, I selected the circle icon near the brush icon and just selected them with the heal function. Hope that helps, I am still learning and it is hard to explain this stuff! :lol:

What part of PA neighbor?

What I do in lightroom is I select the brush icon on the right and "brush in" the changes in values. So, for instance, I brushed in -4.00 exposure around the subject, brushed in +100 contrast on the eyes, and brushed in -100 clarity on her skin. To clone out the blemishes, I selected the circle icon near the brush icon and just selected them with the heal function. Hope that helps, I am still learning and it is hard to explain this stuff! :lol:

What part of PA neighbor?

Appreciate the help!

I'm in Lebanon, which is about 45 minutes from harrisburg if you're not familiar with it

I think that this photo could probably be spiffed up a bit in PP. I was bored and hope you don't mind, but here is a quick edit. I just underexposed the background, cloned out a few of the blemishes, reduced clarity of face, and increased contrast on the eyes. Let me know if you want me to delete this.

4430541327_e8e67259ab_b-2.jpg

Not saying this is better, just different.

the softness helps a little, but the eyes could still use a little pop.

heres my attempt. (sorry, im in a PS mood tonight i guess. )

kpdrumya2.jpg

I have to disagree with the two edits. No offense! Please!

I personally opt for the original, save for the crop, and perhaps a lack of saturation. It looks more natural, and the eyes especially draw me to the picture. Also, maybe a little more dof might help... or maybe not. A couple of small blemishes can be cloned out, but that's up to you and your lady.

Incidentally, I tried to auto adjust in Photoshop, but yours came out much better.

The lighting is flat, lacking facial contours and 3-dimensionality.

First impression, Its a drivers license photo, Its not horrible, I think you could produce a better image with differ composition.

THE images phoshopped look more glamorous. that was not ur purpose to make it a fashion shoot...however the works are appreciable.
--there is the complaint of flat light...I think her beauty comes up in ur shoot...though u cud move the soft box slightly away from the camera and i hope u cud get the ''Rembrandt'' effect.
--to crop it vertically wud help u keep it in frame on ur working desk.
--not necessarily all photos shd get the modelling light...flat light as we shoot in diffused shadow during day also works well......focus is alright...sufficient for head shot since no bg is added...congrats.

It's good. I like the simplicity and the clarity.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back