First Product Shoot: C&C Please

JackRabbit

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Ok so yesterday I did my first product shoot for a friend of a friend's clothing line and website. I'm looking for critiques from PROFESSIONALS and am looking for comments on EVERYTHING. I want extremely nit picky comments. Everything is game. Please don't leave comments saying things like, "I like these" or, "these are nice."

4428203427_009d3c339e_o.jpg

4428203423_e40c890a1c_o.jpg

4428203421_6ff82e2f1f_o.jpg

4428203415_8b9c5ef6aa_o.jpg

Thank you :)

I'm not a huge fan of the completely stationary look with gym-junkie monkey arms, but I understand that it's hard to shoot product shots on a moving object. Here's a link to my friends website for clothing and I'm a fan of a lot of his methods (the backgrounds are a liitle... bleh on a few. Especially the pez one).

Actually... now that I look I can't find the link. Here's a few but they're not his good product shots. Gives you a sense of what the good ones are though. I'll keep looking.

http://goldmmviii.wordpress.com/abercrombie/

Yeah I can see where you're coming from. However, my client wanted more of an online catalog style shot to strictly display what the shirts look like.

If that is the look they are going for, then it is decent. Not a big fan of heads being cut off. It just doesn't look "catalogy" to me like that.

lighting is pretty good, im not a professional, but if i had to fix anything, i would try finding a different size shirt for him. I know it's probably the style and such, but I think if it was a smaller shirt, it would look nicer, maybe fix the rip in the jeans

I agree with the shirt size too. Makes the shirts look... not well cut. The cut off head is fine though. You're advertising the shirt, not the kid wearing it.

Yeah I was a little bit disappointed when the client showed up with the model and some XLT (Extra-Large Tall) shirts for him to wear... It made things extremely difficult to shoot.

I agree with the shirt size too. Makes the shirts look... not well cut. The cut off head is fine though. You're advertising the shirt, not the kid wearing it.

Its a shirt?! i thought it was a nightgown

Most reactions

Back