Website
www.alipearsonphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
C&C Welcomed and appreciated!

heather-1.jpg

emma1.jpg

emma-2.jpg

Looks like you need a flash diffuser for the SB600 to soften those shadows... The Omni Bounce is the most common, or a LightSphere. Many flavors to choose from.:thumbup: That's the first thing I noticed. Cheers!

Are you aiming the flash directly at your subject?

--You can find diffusers aka fake 'stofens' on ebay for 3 bucks. I bought a 3 color pack for 5 bucks, just had to wait 18 days to get it from Japan lol

WHat I've done, if you havent got the diffuser yet, is to pop up the reflector and make stand straight up and have the flash pointed straight up. Its worked for me.

EDIT-just so ya know, Im a beginner with absolutely no idea of what im doing.

Last edited:
Definitely need to work with the flash lots and lots more! While I have been around this forum for a long time, I was only DSLR in July and I just got the flash a few weeks ago!
So I am in fact an beginner also, just a beginner, that hung out here with a point and shoot for many years, off and on!

Definitely need to work with the flash lots and lots more! While I have been around this forum for a long time, I was only DSLR in July and I just got the flash a few weeks ago!
So I am in fact an beginner also, just a beginner, that hung out here with a point and shoot for many years, off and on!

Kind of off topic, but how do you like your 35mm? I only ask because we have the same camera and it's the next lens I plan on buying. Sorry to ask in your topic, but it seemed better to ask here.

Kind of off topic, but how do you like your 35mm? I only ask because we have the same camera and it's the next lens I plan on buying. Sorry to ask in your topic, but it seemed better to ask here.

No Worries!
I love it, it's pretty new, but I have no regrets so far!
It's super sharp and I have been having a great time playing with DOF!

Most reactions

Back