PictureDefense - Copyright information

ShaneF

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I cam across this site today and i though it might be of some interest to some people. It explains the proper procedure to get your photos removes from websites such as facebook, flicker and any other internet site. It also contains information on copyrighting you photos and contains some basic model releases.

PictureDefense

The site was made by James Beltz

Last edited by a moderator:
I looked up his website and I don't see any info. about his background or expertise related to photography, copyright or anything else; this seems to be going over procedures that probably are already available on the various websites.

If you put your photos online on websites or social media sites - read the TERMS - or at least look at the part related to Usage. The Terms may say you retain ownership BUT - you might have agreed to allow the site to use, modify, distribute your photos.

I just saw on ASMP's site that they and other photography organizations support the nonprofit PLUS :: PLUS :: - a registry for photographers to register and protect their work; I haven't read thru the info. yet but it might be a good resource for photographers.

The idea is you dont have to go to various websites hunting to get the information on how to get your photos taken down. The processes needed to getting your images taken down are all there.

That's true, someone could try using that one website or go to whichever website displayed a possible infringement; I'd just rather know more about someone before I follow their suggestions.

I'd said in my first post that I looked up his website, I meant I usually do look up someone before deciding to follow their recommendations or not.

If you put it online, assume you will be infringed, or to put it another way, post nothing that you can't live with being 'borrowed'.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back