Pictures at the Water Park

vipgraphx

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
The Hotel we stayed in this past weekend had a water park and these are some pictures that I was able to get.

Wagon

wagon1 by VIPGraphX, on Flickr

Stair Way to ??? (water slide)

stairsAcropped by VIPGraphX, on Flickr

Roof Top line. I cropped like this because there was a lot of distracting elements I did not want. I did like the roof line though.

rooftopcropped by VIPGraphX, on Flickr

This is where we ate our included hot breakfast each morning. I like the way the lines drew you into the door.

ricos by VIPGraphX, on Flickr

Last edited:
The last one almost looks real! The others.... NOT! :) You might want to turn down the volume on that wagon.. my eyes are hurting!

Hahaha need some shades. With that aside what do you think on composition?

Here is some re- edits

wagon

wagon1_tonrd down by VIPGraphX, on Flickr

stairs

stairsAcropped tone down by VIPGraphX, on Flickr

roof top

rooftopcroppedA by VIPGraphX, on Flickr

When I processed the first ones I was looking to make everything very rich. Perhaps it came out to hot. Makes if look unatural. I thin in some cases the rich colors work but I see now that when there is grass of trees probably not a great idea to have them to electric.

Last edited:
Hmm.. a sizeable step backwards (processing/subject matter) compared to your last "hotel" set. You asked about composition, here's my $0.02:

1. The main Subjects /elements of the image seem to be the cactus and wagon. The cactus is chopped off. I'd have looked for a different angle where the wagon and cactus were fully in frame. busy background as well.

2. the processing isn't the problem here, it's the subject. The scene is busy all over and HDR just makes it worse. It has flattened the shadows so much that the image is just a mess of everything running together (Foreground and background elements and the stairway). Less is more.

3. electrical wires running through the scene and a very unnatural crop. A throwaway image.

4. best of the set. Warm and inviting, decent composition. Good textures and processing.

I think you were on the right track with the images you took at the hotel with your subject/processing.

Not every scene is going to warrant HDR. if anything, I feel that HDR hurt #2 and seems unnecessary on #3

Good CC...thanks.

I took more time on my hotel set and these where on the move no tripod kids around me pictures that I wanted to try and process.. I still like them but not 5 star ratings I know. I will always try to post good and bad so I can learn.

I don't think the wagon shot was that bad. Cropped in better like the black and white works. I am not sure if you always have to have everything thing in the picture all the time. The eye knows that there is a top of the cactus and does not get stuck there it moves back to the bigger subject of the wagon. The cactus is like the supporting actor in a movie. I look at the textures in the wood and wagon wheels and really like the way it looks and feels. This was the best angel I could get without getting all those little casitas in . The wagon was able to hide most of it and like I said cropped in it looks better.

I agree the last one was the best I think the the lines really work well and all move towards the door.

The roof top was an iffy and I agree its more of a through away but still can use the image to learn better cloning and spot healing techniques so it was worth the time spent.

The stairs on my monitor has a very different look than what you see on the forum. What ever the compression does sometimes takes away. Although I agree its still not the best it still is decent. What a cool way to take you to a water slide than the desert and these stairs. I think in this case its more about personal because I was there. To the viewer its not as inviting because there is no story behind it.

I appreciate your time and CC I may not seem like I always agree with everything but will always take into consideration everything.

Most reactions

Back