Pictures for C&C please

Daver123

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi everyone, I'd really appreciate any and all C&C on these photos to help me improve, thanks so much. All taken with Nikon D300 and either 18-55 Nikkor or 70-300 Nikkor.

Dave

f9
1/320 sec
ISO400
140mm
DSC_3905_resize.jpg

f8
1/8 sec
ISO200
32MM
DSC_6346_resize.jpg

f9
1/2 sec
ISO200
55mm
DSC_6349_resize.jpg

f22
1/6 sec
ISO200
24mm
DSC_6725_resize.jpg

Hi Daver123,

#1 i like the atmosphere in this one, it's sort sor of Sleepy Hollow-ish.

#2 is just absolutely amazing, I just love the colors, and that mist just adds more character.

#3 is also great, the colors are more delicate than #2, I like the tree in the middle, the one that has more color.

#4 this one I like the least[ although it still is a good pic ], 'cause it looses the vibe the other pics have. And IMHO the path of light just above the horizon is too bright.

Great pictures, post some more:)

Cheers,
Tommy_Boy

I'm just starting out so don't take anything I say too critically.... I love the colors in #2 & #3. those are my favorites. I think the sky is too white in the other 2, and you have the horizon right in the center of each picture and I don't like that. Otherwise I think they're good.

Thanks for your comments, Tommy_Boy and nicolek, the more constructive criticism the better!

Photos 2 and 3 were both taken in the same area, and when I arrived there someone else was just leaving because the colours weren't as nice as they had been 10 minutes before. They looked pretty nice to me!

Did you intentionally pull all the color out of #1? Got a full color version?

#2 - Has potential, I like the colors, I just think the composition is a little off. Perhaps it can be taken from a different spot.

#3 - this would be nicer if the immediate foreground wasn't filled with distracting plants.

#4 is kinda meh, I like the reflection but the composition just isn't appealing to me. The entire picture looks soft focus wise.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back