Pictures from Tahoe C&C

anm90

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I've taken a few photos here at Lake Tahoe with my new Nikon D90 and would like to see what you guys think. These have been lightly processed in Lightroom to correct white balance and tone issues. Any constructive criticism is appreciated and please, be harsh if necessary.

1. This one is by far my favorite of them all, what do you think?
Tahoe.jpg

2. Here is a slightly different composition of the first one.
Tahoe-8.jpg

Tahoe-6.jpg

Thanks

#1 is the best of the two lake/mountain pics. The only thing I don't like in #1 is the dock. It seems to get lost in the background and becomes ditracting trying to figure out what it is. I think if something is going to be in 2/3rds of the pic it should be very prominent and not blend in. Just my 2 cents. I do like the duck pic. Good close up and colors. :thumbup:

I messed with the first one some, it seemed too soft, Not sure if I over did it, but gives you an idea what it needs, at least what I think it needs...
Tahoe.jpg

anm90
i like the first picture. i'd try subtle burning of the mountains and sky on a duplicate layer of reduced opacity. similarly dodge beneath the pier. both actions hopefully would make the pier more distinct. dodge also the trees on the left.

nice duck btw.

Thanks for the feedback. I don't have time to try your suggestions right now, matfoster, but I may get to that later this week.

Tulsa, I like your edit a bit but I do think it is a tad bit too dark in some areas and the snow seems to be more blown out. Also looks a little bit oversharpened.

Any other thoughts?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back