What's new

'Pier'ing into the Distance

GeorgeUK

TPF Noob!
Joined
Dec 26, 2007
Messages
454
Reaction score
0
Location
London
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Pier.jpg


Taken on the bank of the Thames. Conversion to b&w, sharpened and a high pass filter applied. I wish the focus was sharper on the nearest areas but never mind.

Taken with my 50mm at f2.8 to try and get the pier to blur towards the background.

C&C welcome as always :)
 
Nicely done and technically OK. These photo's, however, work best when there is not much at the end/horizon as well.

You create a sense of depth and your eye is leaded to the horizon. In this case to a boat. :D I'm not sure whether I like that or not... :blushing:
 
Thanks for the feedback. :thumbup:

I see what you're saying, unfortuantely iirc that boat it permanently on the other side (I think it is a restaurant or something!). I'll have to find another pier!

Any more C&C?
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom